34 days • II

A dim darkness greets Taehyung as he lazily opens his eyes

A dim darkness greets Taehyung as he lazily opens his eyes. His room is as bright as the city and moonlight.

While lying on his back, he takes one arm under his head and watches the reflection of the glints seeping from the window on the ceiling for a while, as he always does when he wakes up in the middle of his sleeps.

Then his gaze turns to quick winks because of a shocking reality. His bed doesn't make him feel cold for no reason like it always does.

He remembers first holding Jimin in silence on the couch, then bringing him to bed as if they had agreed without speaking, stroking his hair and face, making him fall asleep by telling fabricated stories..

He turns his head slightly to the side without moving his body, the view he sees is so beautiful that Taehyung almost feels like crying.

His heart seems to lighten as he looks at the man who is sleeping peacefully on the other side of the bed, facing him, one hand under his pillow, with a serenity that as if he had just thrown the burden of the whole world off his shoulders.

Taehyung is hopelessly happy to know that every word that comes out of his slightly parted lips can be a command. Because here he is, and it's a moment that Taehyung thought he could never have again.

His gaze wanders over his hair scattered on the pillow. Then to the slightly scattered makeup on the eyelids, from there to the neck and the cute little mole on right above his collarbone.

Taehyung wanted to make this little trip a hundred times.

He pauses when he realizes that his gaze is locked on his lips without realizing it. How it would be like? If he reaches out and touches them softly, both with his hands and with his own lips..

Taehyung had never allowed himself to think about these things. As his brain and body insisted, he refused, and he always hid the existence of these thoughts and the ways that he wanted to touch Jimin towards the back of his soul.

He does so again. First he turns his head, averts his gaze, and then slowly turns his body and straightens up. He makes an attempt to get out of bed, but the grip on his hand, which has not yet let go of the cover he has pulled from, stops him.

"Where are you going?"

Jimin is looking at him from below, tired, with slightly swollen eyes from crying and sleeping for long hours. Taehyung responds to his gaze with blinking eyes.

"I was going to drink water."

Jimin's grip on his wrist loosens, he nods, then slides his head down a little on the pillow, completely blocking eye contact.

When Taehyung lies back with his body facing him instead of getting up, Jimin's hidden eyes slightly lift up again.

"Why didn't you go?"