35 days

"We've been worried sick!"

Taehyung had seen Hoseok rush through the door of the cafe, but he was still startled when he approached the counter where Tae was standing behind, talking fervently.

"I just needed to clear my head a bit," he says as he folds the wiping cloth he's just finished with and puts it in its place under the counter, "You know me, Hyung, it was one of those times."

"It wasn't. I don't even remember the last time I saw you like that," Hoseok reaches across the counter between them to the wound on his mouth, "You were different."

Taehyung reflexively pulls back, but doesn't let go of the hand reaching for him and takes it in his own, "It's okay, really."

Hoseok squeeze his hand, "Have you talked to Jimin?"

It had been a while since Taehyung noticed the words knot together in his head when he heard this name, so he nods without speaking.

"And?"

Hoseok's curious and impatient tone of voice makes him purse up his lips and wait with questioning eyes.

"Are you all right or not?"

"I don't know," Taehyung lets go of his hand and rests his palms on the counter, as if he wanted to find something solid to hold on to when he remembers last night.

"He asked me why I did it, I said he knew why, he said there was no need, and I said no there was, then- I don't know, Hyung, one moment of us is not the same as the other."

Hoseok rolls his eyes, how can dealing with these two brats be harder than even controlling an entire class?

"I got fed up with the drama of you two."

"What did we do now?"

"You punched the new date of your ex-best friend who used to in love with you and you rejected? Is it fair enough for me to call you dramatic?"

Taehyung frowns and blinks, "It felt weird when you described it like that."

Hoseok rolls his eyes once again.

"We had to talk about something and I invited him to meet here, he'll be here soon."

When Taehyung thinks of watching him walk out the door of his room last night, he feels the strength in his hands leaning on the counter being withdrawn. Because the awareness he gained at that moment caused many changes in his mind and heart.

Nevertheless, he nods as if it wasn't a very important detail that he heard, and because it's getting late, "Are you hungry?" he asks Hoseok, "The customers have calmed down, I can prepare something for you."

Hoseok shakes his head, "I ate with the kids after class."

Then they are surrounded by familiar sounds, a few seconds apart. While Yoongi and Jungkook entered laughing from the back kitchen, Jimin, Namjoon and Seokjin also entered by the front door, talking like arguing.