35 days • II

"You can't imagine anyone?" Jimin says over, there is a trace of resentment and anger on his face that he hides behind the darkness of the street

"No one."

Taehyung's answer is lighthearted and without doubt.

"What about," Jimin pauses, that decisive answer annoyed him, "Sodam?"

"What?"

"Can't you imagine Sodam with you?"

"Why would I imagine her with me?"

"Because why wouldn't you? She's beautiful, attractive, successful, a good mother, you wanted a child anyway, why can't you imagine her?" Jimin had sorted out his sharp words in one breath.

"Sodam is just my friend."

"So am I, Taehyung," Jimin says, feeling like there is enough sadness in his voice to wither all the trees that around the street in the middle of which they are standing, but he does not care, "I'm even a friend of yours who has not been able to stay close to you as much as Sodam. After all, unlike me, your relationship with her has been going on for incessant years."

"Sodam is just my friend."

"You've already said that."

"It seems like I have to say it again because you insist on not understanding." Taehyung's voice sounds as if he has surrendered to sadness just as much as Jimin.

"Am I the one who insists? You're the one who talks like nothing happened between you two."

"Why did our conversation come to her now? If you're going to talk about that kiss again, it's-" Taehyung intended to do the statement he made years ago, but then gives up, "Why are you talking like I cheated on you?"

Jimin laughs out loud, "It's not about me, Taehyung, it's about you're acting like nothing happened between you when you kissed her."

"She was the one who kissed me."

"What difference does it make?!"

Jimin's smiling face disappeared in a second, and his calm voice suddenly rose.

"It makes a lot of difference, because if I was going to kiss someone, that person wouldn't be Sodam."

Jimin feels out of breath. He didn't even understand how their normal conversation had turned to their past again and his voice had risen.

As he unties the knot of his scarf around the neck with clumsy movements, he asks, "Excuse me, but if you don't mind me asking, who would be the person you kiss?"

"You'll get cold-"

"Shut up and answer!"

Taehyung watches him for a brief moment with raised eyebrows and blinking eyes, this angry expression on his face doesn't lack even an ounce of beauty.