14

Rooster's POV
I say "wow, I made it" when I don't stumble standing up. I smile and Jake stands up then says "shit" sitting right back down. We laugh and I say "take two" and he says "quit laughing at me" himself laughing.

I take a video saying "what are you doing, babe?" Jake says "fuck off" laughing then he says "I'm just sitting here because I'm drunk and I can't move right." We laugh and I say "you poor thing" chuckling and turning the video off.

He tries again and makes it, making me chuckle. I look at Jake and he says "I have to drive tomorrow, hopefully I can sleep this off. I love you all." I look at Jake, saying "I'll catch up" and he says "ok" smiling then kissing me. He walks out and I say "do you need a place to stay?" Harper says "yeah, I'd prefer to not start my drive back as soon as I get here."

Phoenix says "she can room with me if you want" looking at Harper. Phoenix says "I'm rooming by myself and I have two beds." Harper says "sure" smiling and I say "I'm gonna head back because I will be driving tomorrow." Maverick says "you should go see Ice before you leave the state."

I say "I was planning on it" and I go back, just feeling tipsy and almost drunk. I get back and Jake is just laying around, no shirt, and I lay next to him. He smiles saying "hey, babydoll" kissing me and I say "hey, what's the plan for tomorrow?"

Jake says "for me, it's just to get home. It's an eighteen and a half hour drive not including California traffic." I say "we should leave by six tomorrow morning" and he says "yeah, to get home by midnight with minimal breaks." I nod and I say "I'm gonna drive to Tom house before I leave the state, can you come with me?"

Jake says "sure." I say "we should get walkie talkies" and he chuckles saying "that's what my sister and I do on long drives we drive separately and we talk through the walkie talkies." I smile and he kisses me saying "we're moving early tomorrow, is everything in here in one place?"

I say "pretty much. It won't take long." I set alarms on my phone for us to get up at like four, so we can be gone by six. I rub his arm as we eventually fall asleep as my brain tries to figure out more of a plan for tomorrow.

The next day

I wake up and I say "if you want to shower, you should get up, babe." Jake mumbles "I know, gotta wake Harper up too. She has to do her hair or whatever" mockingly making me chuckle. We get up and I start packing our stuff, some of his stuff ending up in my bag, and some of mine ending up in his.

He comes back saying "I just got a fucking shoe thrown at me" and I say "get over yourself, want some aspirin?" He says "I think I slept it off. I'm good." I say "wow, that's good. I feel it a little bit." I take some meds to help my head and he says "been getting drunk on whiskey since my twenty first birthday, baby. My blood is made up of it."

Jake says "what's the plan?" I say "I have to see Tom before I leave and I should go see my mom and my dad before I leave too" looking up at him. Jake says "do you want me to come with you?"

I say "yes, please" and he squeezes my shoulder and kisses me mumbling "of course, doll." Jake then says "what's next?" I say "then head out to yeehaw town where my cowboy is from." Jake chuckles saying "yeehaw town, USA, partner." I smile saying "you always make me feel better."

He says "babydoll, that's what I'm here for." He smiles and I say "let's go" smiling and we take our shit out to our vehicles and Harper comes out to her car parked next to Jakes truck. She says "I'm just gonna head straight home, I'll let you know when I'm stopping. I'm definitely getting Starbucks before I get on the highway. Don't get lost" winking at me and Jake says "we have a few things to do before we leave the state, so we'll be a few hours behind. Just let us know when you cross all the state lines." She says "you got it, I'll let you know if I stop for anything" sighing.

Jake says "ok, good" chuckling and I say "I have places to be" and Phoenix jogs out saying "wanted to say bye to y'all." I chuckle saying "y'all? You sound like cowboy over here." Jake says "shut up" chuckling and Phoenix gives us hugs and says "I'm coming over sometime. I'm gonna miss you two too much."

Jake says "aww, you're gonna miss me?" Phoenix says "you add color to my life, I'll miss you a bit." We chuckle and Jake says "ok, time to hit the road or I won't make it home till tomorrow night." Harper says "my goal is early morning" and I say "my goal is before noon tomorrow."

Jake says "when you get there, don't tell mom and dad, I'm gonna surprise them. They aren't expecting me for another week." Harper says "ok" chuckling and Jake says "wait, why are you going home?" Harper says "I'm on break from school for the next few weeks."

I say "where do you go?" She says "UC Berkeley for computer science." I say "so, she's the smart one." Jake says "hey! I'm leaving" and I chuckle, putting Iceman's address into Jakes phone after taking it from him.

We eventually get going and I get up to Iceman's house, Jake pulling in behind me a minute later. He says "you kept passing me" and I chuckle saying "try to keep up, babe. I'm a speed demon."

He says "I was enjoying myself." I smile saying "that's good" and we chuckle. I go up to the door, this boy following me, and I go right in. Sarah says "back already, baby?" I say "yeah, missions over. Thought I'd say bye before I left." She smiles saying "if you need a place to stay, we have plenty of room."

I say "I'll have to come back and visit of course." She smiles saying "who's this guy? He's a cutie."