6

Rooster's POV
I smile saying "Jake" and he says "sup, babydoll?" I mumble "your southern charm really gets me." He chuckles saying "wait till you meet my momma. Her accent is much stronger than mine." I say "I'm in love with you and hopefully not your mother." He chuckles saying "my accent really pays off if you're in love with me already."

I smile and I kiss him, him mumbling "I'm in love with you too." I rub his back mumbling "you're cute" and his head moves to my neck. I hold him close to me mumbling "you did so well, babe." He smiles, kissing my neck, and I say "where are you from anyway, cowboy?"

He says "take a guess, babydoll." I say "if you're saying that, it must be quite obvious so I'm gonna guess either Texas of Georgia." He chuckles mumbling "Texas, baby." I mumble "very on the nose, babe" and he says "babydoll, I'm aware."

I chuckle mumbling "you're cute. Never thought I'd even think about kissing a Texas boy." He says "I'll get you all the Texas boys you could ever want." I say "you're the only Texas boy I could want." He mumbles "you're the only boy I could ever want" making me chuckle and he smiles against my neck.

I rub his thigh and we fall asleep, us quietly talking till we fall asleep.

The next day

I wake up and I look over at Jake, him tiredly saying "morning, babydoll." I smile mumbling "morning, daddy." He mumbles "that's a new one" and I say "and I am hardly ever going to use it. I hate it for you." Jake chuckles saying "you're funny."

We get up and we both to go shower, most of the guys in there already. I say "are we all on the same shower schedule now?" They all shrug and I chuckle saying "tough crowd. Morning, Bob" and Bob says "morning, Rooster."

I smile and I say "gonna be a good day today?" Bob says "hopefully" and Jake says "even worse if you keep talking." I say "I hope your day is worse cause I'm here" smiling. He mumbles "it's always the worse when you're here." I say "well, too bad, sir cause you room with me." Hangman blushes lightly and I mumble "gotcha."

He chuckles, shaking his head, and I get in the shower. I mumble "I'm gonna get myself kicked out." I rub my face mumbling "fuck, what have I done?" I finish up and I dry off, putting my uniform on, and I feel Jakes eyes on me.

I smirk and I go out to the classroom. Jake following me and I mumble "like what you see?" Jake walks next to me saying "of course I do" smirking and I say "keep watching then." I walk ahead of him, his eyes locked on my lower back.

I sit down, watching Jake walk in, twirling a toothpick in his teeth. I look at him and my lord. Just staring at his mouth move could get me off. I'm so perverted but I don't think I care anymore. When everyone's here and Pete and Tom walk in.

Everyone sits up a bit more when Tom walks in with full navy uniform. I look at them both and I say "hottie has entered the building" and Tom rolls his eyes at me. I say "you are no fun." Tom says "the no fun train is right here" pointing at Maverick and Pete says "rude." Iceman says "who's the better pilot, Mav?"

Maverick says "I hate you." Maverick starts talking through the mock course that we're gonna fly that looks like the real mission. Maverick says "you have three minutes to fly this. Let's go."

I look at Jake and he looks ready for war. Ice smirks saying "try to keep up." This man is something else. Jake mumbles "keep up is my middle name." He says "try to keep up, Bradshaw" winking at me and I smirk saying "that's your middle name, my middle name is ahead of schedule."

Jake says "shut up." I say "I win." He mumbles "dork." We go out to the tarmac and I say "I haven't flew with you in years." Ice says "Maverick almost killed me that day." I say "well, you usually don't take a nine year old in the back of an F14" laughing. He says "hey, I was flying low and I didn't even go that fast and you were tall enough to pull the eject handles. I could've left the canopy open."

I chuckle, rolling my eyes, and I say "try to keep up, old man." We get in our planes and Ice says "Bradley, you've always been stingy with your speed. You try to keep up." I say "ok, rude." We get up in the air and Ice says "three minutes to fly this thing?" Mav says "want it to be two?"

Ice says "I'm not as fast as I used to be. I bet I can do it with time to spare, not any less than two and a half." Mav says "let's see what y'all can do." We get in there and Phoenix says "Rooster, pick it up, dude. We gotta make up ten seconds."

I say "we have time, Phoenix." She says "no, we don't!" I say "Hangman, where are you?" He says "eat my dust!" I say "didn't answer my question!" He says "being ahead of schedule." I say "dammit" getting a bit more up to speed and Phoenix picks up with me. She says "dammit, pick up, Rooster!" I say "I did, I'm not gonna stay on course if I do anymore!" I hit the target and I say "done, going in for landing" about ten seconds after Jake says "I missed."

I say "going too fast" and Jake says "get out of here." We all get back to the classroom, the Admiral being the only one to do it perfectly, and we watch replays of our flights on a radar screen. Maverick says "ok, what did you do wrong?"