19

Rooster's POV
I wake up before the people that have taken over my bed and I take mine and Jakes keys down to our vehicles. I locate our uniforms and our belts and I bring them back up to our rooms. I go back and I shower and get ready. I go over to Jakes side saying "gotta get up, babe."

He mumbles "mmm, morning, babydoll" and I lean down to kiss him then he opens his eyes saying "you are hot." I say "I brought yours up too. I would think your mom would want to see you in it." He chuckles saying "yeah, ok, I'm getting up" and he gets up.

I rest my hand on his cheek and he smiles, kissing me slowly. I rub his back and he says "I gotta go. We still have like six hours of driving, babydoll." I say "I don't think I'm gonna make it." Jake chuckles saying "you'll do just fine, babydoll."

He walks to the bathroom and I watch him saying "you look good." He says "I am good, Rooster. Too good. Too good to be true." I roll my eyes saying "ok, get in the shower." Jake says "come on, doll. I'm too hot to handle" smirking. I bite my lip, rolling my eyes, and I just smile.

The boys are giggling quietly at us making me smile. Jake says "hey" and he smirks, coming over to me, and kisses me. I say "babe, you need to get out of here." He says "we're having fun, babydoll" smiling and I chuckle saying "you tire me out just being here. Anymore of this, I won't be able to drive." He brushes his nose against mine saying "I love you" kissing me deeply. I say "I love you too but we need to get on the road."

He chuckles saying "babes, don't get married" looking at the boys and he smirks saying "or you'll end up like this Scrooge." He slaps my ass and goes to shower, leaving the door open slightly. I roll my eyes saying "this man." One of the boys say "where are you two going?" I say "Texas."

One of them say "glad y'all are straight passing or I'd strongly advise against going." I chuckle saying "Jake would rip someone limb from limb if anything happened." They smile and one of them say "what's flying a plane like?" I chuckle saying "it's fun. Lots of rules. I could argue it's the hardest part of the military to be apart of."

One of the boys say "definitely the sexiest one, I'll give you that. It only gets hotter from here, huh?" Jake says "this is as hot as it gets, babe!" I chuckle saying "damn right." The boys giggle and Jake comes back out saying "fuck, I look good" putting his aviators on and a toothpick in his mouth.

I smile at him saying "are you ready?" Jake smirks saying "sure am, babydoll." He rests his hand on my cheek, his cold ring on my skin, and kisses me. Jake sits on the bed and takes his aviators off saying "take your time, check out is by eleven unless you need a ride in the east direction. I have to go see my family, babes." They smile, one saying "we'll be out by eleven. Thank you."

Jake says "you need anything, just give me a call" writing his number on the hotel notepad. I smile and they both wave a me then Jake and I leave. He says "home stretch, babydoll."  I smile saying "woohoo."  He kisses me saying "I'll send you the address" smiling at me. I kiss him saying "I'm glad I'm with you."

Jake smiles saying "I'm glad you're here too." He pecks my lips and we get on the road. I follow him to the highway and I get on the interstate, almost immediately passing him once I get up to seventy.

I see him flip me off through my rear view making me chuckle. I get ahead and get out of the crowded exits and traffic to the open road. I sigh and we get a call from Harper a few hours in and she says "why aren't you here yet?" Jake says "we stopped for the night." I say "I'm an hour out. I'll be there in a bit" and Jake says "I'm an hour and a half out, just got into Texas."

I say "I'm gonna have to turn my AC up a bit higher." We chuckle and Harper says "ok, Jake hurry up. Make up half an hour" and Jake says "I have open road, upping my speed." I say "see if you can catch up, Bagman." He says "taking my roll of always leaving you out to dry?" I say "you aren't my wingman."

Jake says "I'll see you later" chuckling and I say "catch up, Bagman" smiling and he hangs up and Harper says "I've never heard Bagman, that's a new one." I say "you really don't know?" She says "no" and I chuckle saying "you have call signs in the Navy. You pick them before you get into things and one day Phoenix called him Bagman just absolutely roasting him. He hates it, so now he occasionally gets called Bagman instead of Hangman."

She says "why Hangman?" I say "in the air, he leaves you which is literally how you die. Also known as, leaving you hanging out to dry. He doesn't mean to half the time but it was all the time in flight school, so now it's Hangman." Harper says "that's funny."

I say "ok, I'll be getting off the highway in a bit. I'll see you then?" She says "let me know if you get lost" and I say "ok" and I keep driving, eventually getting off the highway. I then see a truck pass me going fifty in a thirty and I say "damnit, Jake" quietly. I follow his truck to his house just us taking our time.

Jake comes to a stop and I look, him talking to some dudes that look fresh off a ranch. Cowboy hats, chaps, and cowboy boots. The guys get in his truck and we carry on. Ok, who the hell are these dudes?