23

Rooster's POV
I look at her and I say "do you mind if I look at your ticket?" She says "here. I don't understand it at all." I look at it and it says the same gate I'm going to. I say "I'm going there too, come on, let's go."

I get up and Jake is still here. I smile, offering her my hand, and she smiles tiredly at me. Jake walks with me and says "can I get you anything, miss thing? You look so sad, I have to get you like a hot chocolate or something." I smile, shaking my head, and she smiles saying "that sounds great, thank you" quietly.

I say "you know what I want" and Jake mumbles "this ass" slapping his own ass as he walks away. I say "sometimes I just want to get rid of him." She says "come on, he's cute though." I chuckle saying "you're right." Jake comes back with our drinks and I say "thank you" and the girl smiles saying "thank you."

I say "what does California hold for you?" The girl says "I'm Gia by the way. Vacation." Jake says "you don't seem that excited about that." She says "not really. I'm an only child and I don't really get along with my parents. You can just see how a vacation goes, right?" Jake and I nod and we go to the gate.

She says "those are parents" and Jake mumbles "the moms hot." Gia says "she's a bitch" and I say "you are married." Jake says "damn, just said she's attractive. You guys are like sharks." I chuckle and I say "she's orange." Jake says "you are right." We chuckle and Gia says "thanks, guys. I'll probably be your love child in the next life."

I smile saying "bye, honey." Jake says "let me talk to them." I say "don't start foaming at the mouth, I'll have to take you for your rabies shots." Jake says "I know" us going to sit across from them. Gia talks to her parents and her parents look so over her talking. I say "have a little respect for your kid, damn."

The mom says "this isn't about you." I say "as a stranger, I have much more fucking respect for your kid than you do. It says it all over your face." The woman says "since you know so much about my kid then why don't you just take her?" Gia says "mom!"

Her mom ignores her and Jake says "I'll hit a fucking woman in an airport right fucking now. You would just wish you were dead. This is my number, call if you decide to be a parent again." He writes his number down, crumples the paper, and throws it at her.

He walks away and Gia follows him then I follow them, shaking my head at the woman. Jake says "ok, we're just going to talk about this." Gia just cries and I say "come here, honey." She hugs me and just breathes deeply saying "I'm listening." I sigh and Jake says "to be honest with you, you can't come with us where we're going. There is no way you would have clearance. No matter how much we tried. It wouldn't and we'd be ditching you in a hotel by yourself for a couple weeks."

Jake says "but, my mom has enough room for you and she's very loving and will give you the life you deserve. We will be back in a couple weeks I think, so is that something you want to do?" Gia says "that is a miracle, thank you so much" going to hug him. Jake says "let me call her."

He calls his mom saying "hey, momma. Yes, I'm ok. I just need something. So, Bradley and I met this young lady at the airport and she seems to be struggling with her home life. She'll tell you the details when or if she's ready if you could let her stay with you. Ok, I'll text you the details, love you, momma."

Jake hangs up and he says "she'll be here in twenty minutes, I'll walk with you? You stay here." I smile saying "bye, Gia." She says "thank you guys, bye" smiling sadly. I sit at the gate away from her mom and a guy nods at me saying "you flying the plane?" I chuckle saying "not this one. I don't know how to do that."

Jake comes back and says "you're flying the plane? Don't run out of fuel." I say "shut up." We chuckle and the guy says "what about you?" Jake says "could if I had to." I say "you've flown a commercial plane before?" He says "I have the license." I say "you do not want him flying the plane."

Jake says "you'd take double time to get there." I say "I don't even know how to fly one of these things." The guy chuckles saying "I have faith, I'm sure you can." I say "who knows" chuckling. We eventually board and we sit there for what feels like years. A flight attendant comes over the intercom saying "we will have to cancel this flight due to lack of pilot."

A flight attendant walks down the aisle and Jake says "this plane has to leave today and I can fly it out but you have to find someone to fly it back." She says "I need your proof." He shows her his commercial license and his flight license saying "I've been flying planes for ten years and I work for the American government. I graduated the Naval Academy and Top Gun. I'm probably more qualified than the copilot."

She says "come on. Do you have the licenses on you?" He says "yes, I'm going to the air weapons unit naval base in Cali." I smirk as I watch him and Jake follows her through the cabin. I shake my head and he finally gets in there. I hear a "hello, this is your captain speaking. We're flying American Airlines today from Austin, Texas to San Diego, California. We should be seeing clear skies all the way to Cali, little to no turbulence. Thank you for flying with American Airlines, let's get this show on the road."