25

Rooster's POV
Jake mumbles "I feel so bad." I say "me too. I'll tell them" quietly. The two guys talk to their friends then go over to the bar. I make a motion for them both to sit down. Jake says "I'm going to socialize." I say "ok, Bagman."

He says "god, I really hate that" making me chuckle and he flips me off, walking away. One of the guys say "you're the instructor for this I'm guessing?" I say "I am, I just wanted to ask you two if you've read the handbook?" They both shake their heads and I pull my phone out, showing them the rule. They see it then they look at each other.

I sit back saying "I'm gonna try to change it cause I'm here for your best interest. That rule is the definition of hell. Top Gun is an amazing place to be but that rule can make it hell for you." One guy says "what the fuck are we going to do?" The other says "fucking off myself. I don't know. Back in the closet I guess" quietly.

The boys just look at each other and one says "I can't do this right now. I'll see you in the morning" and he leaves. The other boy stays saying "I'm not being a dick, I've learned to just let him go if he doesn't drag me with him." I say "how long have you guys been together?" He says "six years."

I say "wow. That's a long time." He chuckles saying "flight school gets wild where we're from." I laugh saying "on the mission I was here for, majority of us went to flight school together. So, it got wild. Can I get you a drink?" He chuckles saying "is my teacher hitting on me right now?" I say "your teacher is married."

I get him a drink, going back to sit down. He says "damn, what babes are you pulling?" Jake sits down saying "all of them." I say "not to flex but I don't catch a break." The guy chuckles saying "damn, I see why though." Jake says "it's not that late. We should talk to Cyclone tonight cause I'm impatient and really on edge."

I sigh saying "ok. Is he still around?" Jake says "should be" looking at me and I look over at him saying "let's go then. Tomorrow" looking at the new student across from me. He nods saying "yes, sir." I smile and I say "bye, Penny" and Jake and I leave.

Jake looks at me and I say "what's wrong, love?" He says "it's hitting me now that I'm here" quietly and I intertwine my pinky with his as we walk to the truck and he drives us.

Jake says "ya know, I love you so much." I say "I love you too" smiling and I kiss his cheek saying "once we get rolling it'll be ok." He nods and I rub his thigh. This boy is gorgeous and so in love that it's tearing him up inside but he doesn't show weakness usually. Now that he's saying he's having an issue with this, it's a real big problem.

If Jakes worrying about something, it's killing both of us. I'm usually panicking, not him. If he's panicking, it's really bad. I take his hand, massaging his pressure points when he parks, and he mumbles "holy shit." I say "you need to relax, baby" against his neck and he turns to kiss me.

I mumble "let's go in, honey. Go shower then maybe I can find an excuse to come to your room." He mumbles "I just want to cuddle with you and let you rub my back till I fall asleep." I smile saying "come on, let's go inside."

We go inside and I say "they give me no hellish roommate and they don't give me a shower? Whatever shall I do?" I dramatically lean against the wall and Jake chuckles at me saying "no hellish roommate, what torture" gasping. I say "I'm gonna be so lonely" winking at him then Cyclone walks down the hall. He says "no fighting between Hangman and Rooster? I'm very impressed." I say "we are required to work together now, it's not because we want to. Anyway, we wanted to talk to you about an urgent matter, sir."

He says "may I ask what exactly?" I say "I think we should meet in your office." Jake looks at me and follows us to Cyclones office. We sit across from him and he says "what do you two want to raise hell about?" I say "he's just here, I'm here to talk about a rule in the student and teacher handbook." Cyclone says "do tell" and I say "the one that speaks on that students shouldn't have relationships with each other and teachers shouldn't have relationships with other teachers. Why do we have that cause it seems utterly absurd, sir?"

Cyclone says "why do you ask to change the rule I'm guessing?" I say "yes, sir. It seems to be causing more problems than solving, so why is it beneficial to have it?" Cyclone says "because if the rule is there, it'll stop the relationships so they don't get attached because people die around here often, Bradshaw."

I say "wow, I didn't fucking know people die around here. You have to say that to me of all people. Plus, the rule doesn't fucking work, Cyclone. You can't stop love by threatening a court martial that is just simply not how it works." Cyclone says "how do you know it doesn't work?"

Jake says "cause it's illogical, sir. It's just not how it works? Have you ever been in love or do you not have a soul, sir?" Cyclone says "I feel the rule should stay in place." I say "why?" He says "so people don't become bias in their thinking in the air." I say "Maverick told us not to think in the air, therefore there is zero bias when it comes that kind of thing. If there is it's because we're a team and we're best friends, so we all love each other anyway, sir. The rule is there literally just to be broken which makes it an absurd rule. I can guarantee there is someone that breaks the rule in some way every crew that comes in here. It's inevitable at this point, sir."