Eighteen. The story of my life.

Chapter Songs- The Story of My Life - One Direction
Home- Edwin Sharpe and the magnetic zeroes
Chasing Cars- snow patrol

Harry -

I wasn't kidding when I said I'd met someone who's almost as closed off as I am. I knew Avery had a bad breakup and suffered from what I thought was mild stage fright, but I had no idea the shit she's been thru. My mind races to all the things I've said and done. The absolute shit I gave her for wearing that red dress. How I had made her feel self conscious and the things I said. I wanted to throw up. I had no idea the verbal abuse she suffered at the ex's hands. I would never want to add to her self confidence issues and I'd never want to make her feel like he did. I would have never said the things I did about her in the dress and I wouldn't have mistreated her.

She's stubborn, almost as stubborn as I am. Who knows what this chemistry coordinator has planned for us today, but I'm determined to relieve her of her duties this afternoon once this session is over. I'd rather spend the next 11 days without these silly tasks.

My phone buzzes and I check it and it's a text from Elise. The only time we are using our phones is to correspond to her and I must admit, it's been nice to unplug these last few days. Elise says our task today is simple. We are simply to spend the day together doing whatever we please, but it must be spent together all day. She clearly doesn't know that's what we've already been doing.

I slide out of bed for a quick trip to the bathroom and then I throw some joggers on and head out to the kitchen to see if Avery is up. There's no sign of her. I go to her room and knock on her door and there's no answer. I open the door to find her bed empty. I walk to the back door that leads to the deck and I can see her on the beach. She's sitting on the sand with her legs pulled up to her chest and she's resting her head on her knees and she's hugging her arms around her legs. She looks sad.

I quietly make my way outside and watch her for a few minutes more before I decide to head down to her. She sat with me on the floor, I can sit with her on the sand. I walk to the spot beside her and I sit on the sand joining her. I mirror her position and I rest my head on my knees and turn my head to the side facing her. She raises her head and turns her head to me.

"Hi." she says quietly.

"Good morning. Having a little sit down by the sea are we?" I ask.

"A bit of one. Yeah." she smiles.

"How did you sleep?" I ask, even though I already know the answer.

"I didn't." she answers.

"You could have came and got me you know." I reply.

"I didn't want to keep you awake."

"I didn't get the most restful sleep myself." I admit.

"Any reason in particular why?" she asks.

"I couldn't stop thinking about you." the words spill out unexpectedly.

"I don't want-"

"I know Ava. You don't want me to feel sorry for you. It's not that. I promise. I was just thinking ahout you." I say.

"What about then?" she asks.

"I wanted you in my bed. I wanted to hold you and make you feel good." I just admitted what I wanted to her.

Her eyes widen for a second at my confession.

"That can be interpreted any way you wish." I laugh.

"How did you mean it?" she asks.

I knew she'd ask me that.

"I meant it in any way you'd like." I chuckle.

"Hmmm. That will make your mind wander." She laughs.