Twenty One. Overdrive

Avery-

The next few days passed quickly. I had everything squared away with the bookstore and packed for my months long trip. It was hard to believe that I'd be gone for that long, I struggled with how much to pack and what to take.

Evenings were spent talking with Harry on FaceTime. He'd been amazing since Malibu. He was proving to me that he was going to make time for us in any way that he could.

I had dinner plans with Ace tonight so I told Harry our FaceTime plans would have to wait a few hours. Ace surprised me with the information that he could come to Florida for several weeks after I'd been there and settled in for a few weeks.

It wasn't that I didn't want Ace to come, I just didn't want anyone or anything to interfere with our bubble. I know Harry isn't going to be thrilled with this information.

After dinner I head home and FaceTime Harry. He looks a bit angry. I ask what's going on and he tells me that Jeff will be making a visit right when the film begins shooting. I share the info with him about Ace insisting he come for a few weeks around that same time. He's really not happy now.

I try to reassure him that everything will be fine and their visit won't matter and won't last long. I hope I can remain positive. Jeff can't stand me. Harry doesn't like Ace. What could possibly go wrong?

I arrive to a rainy Florida and I'm praying it's not some sort of foreshadowing to how this is going to go. Nicholas and Cameron set up a dinner date for the main cast to get to know each other a bit. There's only a few main characters to this film so the main cast is small.

I am staying in a small cottage on the ocean for the duration of filming and Harry is staying a block or so away in his own ocean front cottage.

As the car drives me to my cottage I can't help but get excited that I get to call this place home for the next few months. Even on a rainy day there's no place I would rather be than by the sea. Harry's flight will be here in a couple of hours so I've got time to settle in my place and enjoy it.

The cottage is two bedrooms and dainty and adorable. It has a nice back deck that overlooks the ocean and the bedroom is amazing. The bathroom is like a spa with its large tub and shower. I can't wait to use it.

The kitchen is fully stocked and I quickly unpack my stuff. To be here for several months I'm sure I didn't bring enough clothes. I'm sure whatever I need I can buy here if need be.

Two hours quickly go by and I receive a text from Harry.

Styles: just landed. How's your place?
Me: it's gorgeous. You're a block or so away apparently.
Styles: a block will have to do. Should be the same house x
Me: that might cause some stares.
Styles: just a few x
Me: come by if you'd like once you're settled.
Styles: I want to. You know I do. I have a bit of bad news. Jeff came with me x
Me: well, that just complicated things doesn't it?
Styles: for now. I'm sorry Ava x
Me: not your fault. It's ok.
Styles: talk soon ok?
Me: sure Harry. Talk later.

It's not his fault at all, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't upset me. I feel like Jeff did this on purpose. I take this time to call Ace and tell him I made it safe and sound and we talk for half an hour or so.

Nicholas calls to make sure I have everything I need and that I'm settled in just fine. We have a meeting with he and Cameron tomorrow morning at 8 am. I end the call and I decide I'm not in the mood to stay in this cottage alone for dinner. I saw the cutest little beach front eatery a block or so away so I decide to walk there for dinner. Nicholas told me that a car will be delivered tomorrow for me to use while I'm here. That will be nice.