Twenty Questions

Author's note:

For those of you who read my story Tumblr first, thank you.  This was a ridiculously long chapter so I edited it slightly but split  it in three short parts for WattPad.  I realize what a tedious read this was, I hope that I have fixed the problem.

MC's POV:

We have a quiet, slow morning and are still cuddled together long after the coffee is gone.  I listen to the rain pounding against the roof.  It is a soft rhythm that speaks to my absolute comfort at this moment.  I think of how well I slept last night, wrapped in his arms, feeling his love.  

I wonder how I can go back to life as normal after this?

I do want to know more about his past, but I'm not sure if he's ready to talk this morning.

"20 questions?" I look at him with a crooked smile.

He returns the look, confused.

"Do you want to play 20 questions before we have to get up and start the day? I would love to know more about you, but it is too early for the hard stuff."

I take his hands and cross my legs, facing him on the couch. He mimics my actions, our knees touching. Our fingers intertwine. We stay like that.

"I would love to do whatever you would like. I am content in every way as long as you are here with me." He states as if this answer was the world's most obvious thing.

"Ok, I get to ask you twenty things, then you get to ask me twenty questions. Ready?" I wink.

"Certainly." He smiles and my world becomes brighter.

"Number one. Dog, cat or goldfish?"

"Whew, this one is easy. Cat. It is the only animal I had as a pet. When I was young, we had a tabby cat. I named it Silly Putty."

I giggled. "Silly Putty?"

"Is that a question?" He raises an eyebrow.

"NO!" I cough "number two... favorite food."

"While I have an affinity for Chinese food," he winks "I think my favorite food is grilled cheese, but I have to eat it with pickles, sometimes soup."

"Weirdo." I continue. "Three. If you had to choose to live in the past or travel to the future, Which would you choose?"

"Neither. I would stay right here with you." The honesty in this answer was overwhelming.

"That was not the question." I wag my finger at him.

He holds back a smirk. "Right. Sorry...um... Past, so I could meet you sooner and under different circumstances."

He is too sweet. I can't believe he thought that he would have a hard time expressing himself. His words turn me to mush. I know that I want to be his. I want to breathe his air and share all of his moments. Our eyes hold each other for a second until I break away.

"Four...favorite season?"

"Autumn. Time seems to slow down a little then. I see kids walking around with their new backpacks and clothes, full of hope. Men and women walking in the park, arms wrapped around each other to keep warm, their breath visible in the crisp air. I used to hate Autumn because of the rain, but now there is something to look forward to."

"Oh yeah? What is that?... Yes, it can be one of my questions. " I answer before he calls me on it.

"Well, many reasons, I suppose, but it was a rainy night that brought you here and a rainy day that forces us to stay inside under the blankets."