Bonding Time

Before Jake breaks the intimacy of the moment, before we must go and enjoy the distraction of friends, I grab his cheeks and pull him into my lips aggressively. I am not ready for this moment to end. We continue on in this manner, my tongue asks for entrance into his mouth and it is given permission. My hands move to his neck and his muscular arms wrap around my lower back, pulling me in tighter. His thumb and then his fingers, sneak their way under the edge of my sweater and the feeling of his fingers on my skin heats my body from its core.

The kiss is still full of fire and lust. It is, however, slow and we savor each other at this moment. The world is spinning around me, but not much else exists except for him and me.

He pulls away, smoothing my hair and trying to slow his breath. I suddenly hear music playing in the background and open my eyes.

"Baby," he whispers and rubs my cheek with the back of his hand, "I could do this all night with you, but people are starting to stare and I know you wouldn't want that."

I look into his eyes and smile. I couldn't care less who was staring at me right now. I just wanted him. No one has made me feel so loved and desired. I was having a hard time controlling myself. I wanted to argue with him about this, to tell him that I didn't care at all what people thought, but then remembered that I was the one who wanted to take things slow. I needed to remember my resolve to make this relationship work, not just for now, but for our lives.

I nod. He reaches down and grabs my hands, "We have beers getting warm over there." He smiles and gives my cheek a kiss before turning to head toward our friends.

Jake pulls out a chair for me, but then I take his hand and sit him down so I can sit in his lap. Once he realizes what I am doing, he wraps his arm around my waist to keep me there and gives me a quick peck on the side of the cheek.

"What the hell?" Phil grumbles and rolls his eyes, "Can't you two wait until you get home?"

Jake chuckles. I know he is proud to have me in his arms. Almost as proud as I am to be wrapped in his.

"That's what we all could have said about you during the race earlier," I tease. "What was that all about? You guys just disappeared."

"We had some...things to take care of," Betty answers with a crooked smile. I believe that Phil's cheeks flush, but it happens so fast that I can't be sure. I see Betty smirk, seemingly proud of both the fact that I called him out and of the events that transpired earlier.

She then shoves a couple of drinks our way. "So, you two are having a good night. Glad to hear, and see it. Phil and I had a lovely afternoon. We waited for you outside the haunted house, but we didn't see you, so we went ahead. I do think that I saw a blur of an MC run past us while we were in the clown room. Why would that have been? What happened?"

"I panicked," I answer her as a blush rolls its way across my cheeks. "I punched the werewolf in the face and ran before they called the cops. I am so embarrassed."

"You shouldn't be embarrassed, you should be proud. That werewolf guy had no understanding of personal space. I can't believe that you punched him though, good job. No one should be able to push you around." Betty looks sincere.

Phil shakes his head like he can't believe that I would do that.

Jake leans over and whispers in my ear, "See, I told you it was sexy to face your fears."

Phil interjects, "Am I the only one who thinks this is assault?"

"You're going to tell me that a girl being able to take care of herself doesn't make her just a tad bit sexier?" Betty asks.