032. visage

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

             ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

     Mad World: Gary Jules, Michael Andrews

"Twenty four hour plumbing is goddamn a myth." I inquire as we kneel next to a pipe leaking into a bucket at the diner. "I called every plumber in Smallville and the soonest anyone can show up is tomorrow morning. God bless America, am I right?"

"By that time, you'll need a snorkel. Let me see what I can do." Clark grabs the pipe and starts twisting it, making the leak get worse.

"That helped." I nod and he sends me a playful glare before twisting the pipe the other way, making water soak us both. "Nice going, jackass!"

"Ah, the threads are history! I need a wrench!"

"What you need is to get your head examined." I get up.

I start to walk and stop once I'm far enough. I see Clark use his heat vision to seal the leak. I turn back and grab a towel and a new black t-shirt I stash just incase from the kitchen. I then grab a wrench from and head back out.

"How did you do that?" I look at the sealed pipe.

"I just kept twisting and turning and it stopped." Clark stands up.

"You want a cookie?" I hand him the towel and I take off my wet shirt before placing it out on the counter.

I push my wet hair behind my ear and I grab the dry shirt. It seems to be inside out, so I flip it into the right way, making the sure the tag is inside the collar and not outside. I wipe my jaw with the back of my hand and then sniffle. I put my head through the hole before I see Clark looking down at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Uh, nothing. Nothing. I thought I saw you step on something." Clark clears his throat before looking away.

"Is it your dignity?" I raise my eyebrows, making him chuckle and I see his adam's apple bob up down before I fully put on the dry shirt. "Guess this was pointless." I nod at the wrench before pulling my hair out from the back.

"Guess so."

"If I find out you did this on purpose, sleep with one eye open." I point the wrench at him before I put it back into the drawer of the kitchen.

"You heard about Whitney?" Clark calls out.

"Yeah. Lana told me." I grab two cartons of ice cream from the freezer and step back out. "He's strong. He's okay." I nod before setting the ice cream down and I head back into the kitchen for the toppings.

"Yeah, I know."

"Whitney's a fighter. He's probably just busy with training. You know, sir, yes, sir kinda stuff." I head back out with whipped cream, nuts, cherries and syrups.