066. lois lane

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  Wherever I Go: One Republic

"Thanks for the ride." I inquire as we drive down the road.

"Of course." Miles tells me. "You sure Clark isn't answering?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. He called me up the day after I left and literally told me he would pick me up on my last day. He's more than an early bird. He's a fucking radioactive one."

"So a whole month and a half before, huh?"

"Yeah. It was kinda odd."

"How so?"

"He knew how many days I had until I came home. It's like he was using his brain or something." I check the time on my phone. "What?" I turn to see him grinning.

"What?" Miles turns to me.

"Why are grinning like the Cheshire Cat?"

"I'm not." He shakes his head.

"Yes, you are."

"What would I be grinning about, huh?"

"You're almost a—dare I say, man—do you really want me to answer that question?"

"I don't know, do you?" He turns back to me and playfully I swat the side of his face. "You talk to Lucas since the breakup?"

"Yeah. We ended things on good terms. He needs to stay safe and I gotta do my thing." I nod. "Miles, watch out!"

"Shit!" Miles waves his arm out in front of me before stopping short at the sight of a woman. "You okay?"

"Yeah." I exhale before letting go of his arm. "Hey!" I head out of the car. "Hey!"

"Fuck." He whispers.

"Hey!" I run over to the girl with bangs. "Are you alright?" I place my hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah, considering I was almost a french fry." The girl with bangs replies before the headlights of her car reveal someone on the ground.

"Stay back." I take out my gun and raise it at the man as I walk towards him. "Kent?" I whisper.

"Clark." Miles mutters and I immediately lower my gun before we kneel down to him. "Oh, my God. Clark."

"Kent?" I feel Clark's forehead. "Kent?" I now feel his neck for a pulse before his eyes open.

I jump in the slightest before Clark sits up. Me and Miles get up the same time Clark does. Miles pulls me back and Clark looks around before we lock eyes.

"Are you...are you okay?" The girl with bangs asks and
Clark doesn't respond.

"Kent?" I whisper as my eyes dart around his face.