Part 24

You quickly wrapped your hand with a ripped off piece of Roman's cloak to stop the bleeding with his corpse closest to you. All before crawling your way in the dark during the scuffle.

You quietly crawled on your belly just to pause when Stu threw a table. In the midst of your hesitation; something made you glance over at a form on the ground...Your heart sank as you bit your lip. Kincaid was blankly staring up at the ceiling; You couldn't tell if he was blinking or breathing. Your heart ached as you saw how cold and lifeless he looked even in the dark. You went to move, accepting he was dead until he slowly looked over at you.

You held in the gasp as you quickly crawled over to him, clutching his hand that was outstretched towards you.

You stifled a whimper as you held his hand close to you, whispering over and over to him. " I'm so sorry. Just hang in there, just hang in-"

His voice was thick, gurgling as he mumbled so low you barely heard him. "No, I'm not but you...You can do this...YN."

"No, no, no. Mark, hang on-"

His eyes darted down to his body and your gaze followed to see just how much blood he had lost. It was seeping towards you, under your hand on the floor as he was shot in the chest, a lung or more by the sound of it...Your lower lip trembled as you realized...He was right. He wasn't going to make it.

He gave you the slightest smirk he could muster. His blue eyes still had their sparkle as he whispered. "...You...You called me Mark."

You felt a smile reach your lips as you tried to quit the sobbing chuckle wanting to escape you. You sniffed and bit your lip with a nod. "Thank you. For everything."

You didn't care. Quickly getting the courage to reach over and kiss him. A short peck, just enough to let him know...Something. Something was there between you two. How thankful you were, how important he had become in such a short time, how sorry you were this happened to him. His lips were cold as he barely moved before slacking...His body went completely limp against you. You pulled away and seconds passed before a strange rattling gurgle escaped his throat. You saw his eyes were unmoving, not blinking, just glazed over staring back at you...The same look you saw on Sidney years ago.

You had to cover your mouth to hold in the cry that wanted to be let out. The wail of anger and sadness as tears rolled down your face.

He was your freedom, your chance at justice, at a normal life. Unlike Derek; you could have seen something with Mark Kincaid in the short time you knew him. You felt an instant connection with a person that had their own scars to bare and skeletons to hide. And most of all, he believed you and wanted to help you without an ulterior motive.

You suppressed a whimper, closing your eyes as you heard the killers arguing around you...And that's what Neil was now; a killer. He didn't need to kill Mark Kincaid...But he did. And you knew this shit had to stop.

You gave Mark's hand a hard squeeze before moving away from his body. Sucking in a shaky breath. With a determined look on your face; You army crawled near the wall to the back of the bar to avoid detection.

You got behind the bar and reached in an ice bucket above you as they fought. Slowly gripping that ice pick in your hand. Just waiting for the right moment before you ended this. When you saw that opportunity; you plunged that thing so deep into his back with little remorse from who he took from you tonight. At WHAT he took from you tonight; a chance at freedom and peace and a possible normal life.

Now, he was struggling as you jumped over the bar. You stood over Neil, glaring down at him. Kicking his knife out of his hand. He tried to move before you dropped down and held him in place.