A Cosmic Christmas (Xmas Special 2022)

Hiiiiiiii! It's getting close to Xmas time, so I wanted to do this. Sorry it's been a while. Couldn't find the energy to write, also every time I got an idea, it turned out sh!tty. I might want to do a Hogwarts AU or something, but I'm still trying to figure that one out. May post my other premade idea and edit it so it's actually good.

Enjoy! Happy Xmas and Merry New Year! PS: You are Eda's kid in this.

Y/n's POV

It was about six in the morning. Even though it's mostly the Knee that got the frozen snow, every limb across the Isles was covered in at least an inch of it. It was powdery and soft, laying like a blanket over the landscape.

A toasty fire blazed in the fireplace while Hunter and I slept on the couch, covered in a heap of fluffy blankets and pillows. Everything was peaceful and snuggly, until it wasn't. "MERRY HOOT-MAS! Jingle bells, Jingle bells, jingle all the - TIME TO GET UP!" Hooty screeched.

Hunter snorted awake and rubbed his tired eyes. I stretched out my legs and arms till it hurt and then I went limp. Hooty then opened up the front door, the fire went out and it became utterly chilly. "Y/n, Golden Boy! IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME! Get up! Hoot, hoot!" Hooty then proceeded to close the door to wake up Eda, King, and Raine, singing "All I Want for Christmas is Bugs."

"Oh my Titan," I groaned. "Alright, I'm awake now!" I get up off the couch and head to the kitchen to make some pancakes and get out some apple blood for myself and Eda. Hunter's close behind me after he finishes folding the blankets and making sure things are orderly in the living room.

Eda and Raine then came through the doorway, sitting at the counter alongside Hunter. Eda's in her magenta three-quarter length shirt and mauve skirt, Rainer has their maroon night robe on with fuzzy bunny slippers with floppy ears. I give them each a cup of apple blood and go to flip a pancake.

"Ha! I did it, and the batter didn't splash this time!" I cheered. Hunter clapped and smiled in amusement, but King was whining.

"When will the food be ready? I'm starving!" He complained.

"Don't worry. You'll get your breakfast a bit, ya tyrant," I teased.

"I'm not a tyrant, I'm an overlord and you shall bow before me, peasant," he said. He was still shorter than me, but he was taller and slighter bigger than last year.

"Of course, your majesty," I played along, bowing towards him. 

I gave King his pancakes and Eda and Raine had asked for a few, I obliged. I look to Hunter who  had a slightly sad face. "Hey, you okay Goldie?" I asked.

"Yeah, just..." Hunter slightly started to shake. He grabbed his arms trying to steady himself. He was about to have a breakdown.

"Eda, can you take care of the food? I'm gonna go talk with him," I whispered.

"Sure thing kiddo. King, off the counter!" Eda said as I guided Hunter to my bedroom.

We both sat on the bed and Hunter was sniffling, trying to hold back something. He didn't say anything and just grabbed onto me. He was trying to stay quiet, but the sobs were just loud enough against my neck. His breathing was uneven and I rubbed his back trying to calm him down.

"Hey... Hey... What's going on? Was it the pancakes? Did you have a nightmare last night? What's going on?" I asked, softly as not to scare him. "Remember, you can tell me anything."

Hunter looked up at me, his golden brown eyes were glossy. My hands held his cheeks while my thumbs attempted to wipe away his tears. "I-It's just..." he pauses.