Belle of the Ball: Grom AU

Author's Note: I've been wanting to do this idea for so freaking long it's astounding. As I see in many other full-fledged Goldie x Reader stories, he sneaks into Grom to keep an eye on The Owl Lady for Belos, but what if in doing so, he happens to run into her Daughter, who somehow doesn't have a date.

My Junior Year of High School is officially over, so big things are happening over the summer, and to start that off I wanted to bring another One-shot for you guys. Art brought to you by Dana Terrace.

Remember: Hunter loves you <3

3rd Person POV

Edalyn Clawthorne, or "The infamous Owl Lady" as she's known throughout the Isles, has been on the tail of the Emperor's Coven for years. Now that the Day of Unity was proceeding into motion, a closer eye was kept on her and her family. Lilith Clawthorne, her older twin sister, has been working for the Emperor as the Head Witch of his Coven. However, she has been failing missions left and right, so Belos' right hand took it upon himself to spy on the Owl Lady.

The Golden Guard, or simply just Hunter, knew that Grom season was coming close. He went to his wardrobe and found a light brown suit, a gray striped tie, and some old dark brown dress shoes. He wanted to try them on to see what he was going to look like under cover.

For his facial appearance, he summoned some snail slime gel and slicked back his signature noodle stand so it wouldn't be a bother. His peach fuzz was itchy so he used a small dagger to shave it off, and ended up knicking himself in the process, twice. He put a light bandage on the cut and proceeded to gaze upon himself in his lengthy mirror.

He hated his look! It was something out of 20 years ago! Who wore this? It wasn't even a nice color on him. The suit jacket was ripped! Threads were barren! His poor face and hair.

To help in a outfit emergency, he went to Darius Deamonne. The Abomination Coven Head was like a father figure to him, and his passion besides Abomination Projects was knowing when to make an fashion statement. Within a week, as Grom Night Approached, he had a new outfit fit for a prince. Now, he just needed to get on with his job.

------ Time Skip brought to you by Willow's Fear of Ladybugs ------

At the Owl House, things were stressful. Luz Noceda was going to be the first Human to ever face Grom in her "Girlfriend's place." Amity Blight was too embarrassed so Luz took it upon herself to fight her worst fears. Y/n's Mother, an outlaw, was on the run from the Emperor's Coven. Y/n Clawthorne wasn't well known as her Mother was protective and didn't want her in that spotlight.

However, the kids at school knew Eda was her mother by the last name. Everyone seems to avoid Y/n thinking she's "Just as Bad as Her," when in reality none of the Clawthornes are that bad. Eda just wants to keep her daughter safe and keep them steady in snail cash. Eda steals for fun yeah, but most of it is for work and to earn money so she can put food on the table for her, now, growing family.

Being the Owl Lady's daughter means the Y/n didn't get a date, which was all she wanted this year. She was really looking forward to it but everyone turned her away when she asked for a Grom Date. No one had the balls to ask her either. 

Luz and Amity are practically together and Y/n didn't want to interfere with Gus and Willow as she was 2-4 years older than them. Y/n didn't want to be a burden as a "Big Sister."

Eda was trying to be as supportive as possible. She actually bought a dress for Y/n. It was her favorite color and didn't show too much skin, so she felt comfortable in it. Eda helped her with her hair and then proceeded to give her several quick kisses on her rosy cheeks, which made her giggle. Y/n felt beautiful for once and it was amazing!