Tension at the Table: Huntlow One-Shot

Requested by Fellow YT Subscriber: The_goatcraft. Thank you for the idea as I haven't written Huntlow in the longest while (5 Months lol). <3

Summary: Hunter is nervous to meet Willow's Dads, and silence fills the dinner table. Until, one of them breaks the silence asking Hunter to tell his side of their relationship.

Trigger Warnings: Very minimal angst

Love you guys!

3rd Person POV

Once Belos had been defeated, both Hunter and Willow stood hand-in-hand beside the crippled balcony that was the Archives. There was a beautiful sunrise upon the Isles showing a new beginning had risen.

That morning, when the Sun had fully risen, everyone who was once turned into dolls was back to normal, making their way back to the ground. The Hexsquad, excluding Luz, stayed behind to look for their families.

Amity was reunited with her Father, Alador. Her mother wasn't at all pleased that she had been thrown out of her daughter's life but respected her decision. Amity may have been a child, but she was aged-up in the smartness factor. She and her older, twin siblings: Edric and Emira, were taken by Alador after her parents officially split.

Gus met up with his Dad: Perry, surprising him with five illusions of himself to get at least a couple extra hugs and a chuckle from his father. Perry lifted his son into the air, crying happy tears as he kissed his cheek.

Meanwhile, Willow still hadn't seen her Dads. Where could they possibly be? She thought to herself. It had been almost an hour at this point of searching. At this point, both her and Hunter stopped moving to take a break. Maybe they will find us. Hunter wondered.

Hunter stayed with her the whole time while waiting. Willow was becoming more impatient and frustrated by the second. She was anxious awaiting her Fathers' arrival. Hunter then spotted a familiar face.

The man was similar to Willow with the same skin tone and hair color with square glasses. A man with a fluffy beard and a large figure stood next to him frantically moving his eyes around the room in search. The Man looked a similar description to "Dad," so Hunter gestured to Willow pointing happily.

Seeing Willow's face light up was a beacon in his heart knowing his girl was now safe and sound with her Fathers. Willow instantly ran into her Dads' arms, jumping between them for a hug. The man with the beard eagerly kissed his husband in celebration of their daughter's return, tears flowing down his cheeks.

Hunter wasn't lucky to have an immediate family like his now-girlfriend, but one of his mentors and his friend took it upon themselves to adopt him as their own. Darius Deamonne, or the Former Abomination Coven Head and Eberwolf: the Former Beast-Keeping Coven Head, lived in a small cottage on the edge of the Forearm forest.

They both grew to love the young man and gave him all the love and affection they could, showing it through various gifts of comfortable clothing, extravagant foods, his own bedroom to be filled with whatever he wanted, and all the possible hugs and cuddles and kisses he could gather.

A few weeks later, Hunter laid on his stomach on his bed, staring out his bedroom window gazing at the stars. Darius was making dinner downstairs and Eberwolf was keeping him company. It was around 6pm and suddenly Hunter's scroll went off, shining some light in the corner of his room.

Hunter scurried to the scroll to see who messaged him this time. Yesterday he was filled to the brim with messages from his Flyer Derby teammates and Luz. Today, it was a message from his girlfriend.

Hunter smiled seeing her name with the plethora of emojis after her name including a green heart, a flower, and a bee. He clicked the notification to read the message in full. What she left was a shock to his 400 year old bones (He's a Grimwalker that's why they're that old).