{Prologue }

The golden sun peered through the tangles of branches which formed a comfortable small den called the nursery.

Inside the nursery, an tired or more so exhausted brown queen nuzzled her four kits, she swept them under her tail protectively, curling around the small bundles, she only just saw their faces a few moons ago for the first time.

Deep down she knew she couldn't keep them for much longer until their jounery of becoming a warrior began.

"how are they, Aquawhisper?" a dark furred silhouette came into the queens view, blocking out a few light beams from shining into the small den. His eyes flickered in the remaining sunlight that glowed through the branches, like reflecting pools of light green.

He stared down affectionately down at the sleeping kits.

"I finally got them to settle down and sleep." the exhausted queen purred as she kept her voice quiet and soft, if the little bundles woke up again she would have to make them settle down once again.

And the queen didn't want to spend what felt like a whole moon trying to get them to sleep without running off and having to lure them back into the moss nest.

The tom chuckled, his whiskers twitched in pure amusement. "they will be great warriors one day, hm?"

"might have to assign them to the youngest warriors we have in the clan." the tom's whiskers twitched as he was deep into his thoughts.

"or they'll end up getting into more trouble then they can handle." Aquawhisper mused "Lionfang is the newest warrior in the clan, imagine that troublesome cat with a troublesome and energetic apprentice!"

One of the kits stirred and a small brown head lifted up his head a little to bury it deeper into her mother's warm tail.

The tired she-cat licked each of the kits heads in loving way before turned back to her mate" look at them, Sharpstar, our warriors.. "

Sharpstar quietly padded up to his mate and curled his tail around his mates flank "three of them, yes."

"three?" the queens nose quivered out of curiosity.

"Our little Timberkit has taken a liking to the medicine cat.." Sharpstar whispered.

"Medicine cat? Seems fitting for him." the she-cat murmered "have you spoken to Rainwhiskers?"

The queens mate nodded "yes," he replied with a purr "she seemed enthusiastic about getting a apprentice soon."

The queen tiredly laid her head on her soft paws, exhaustion and satisfaction made her eyes shut close "our beautiful Kits..." she mewed.

Her mate groomed her ears and settled down beside her quietly. He calmly laid his chin on her flank. He purred softly and quietly as he watched his mate doze off.