{chapter 12} Another Day Another Chase (SagePaw )

My paws thundered on the earthy forest floor covered in the cold snow, the snow crunching beneath my paws as I ran after three cats, more like two and a half.

Two thin shadowclan warriors and a apprentice with black fur and hazel eyes.

One of the warriors was a tom with a dark brown pelt and silver eyes. The other warrior seemed to be freaked out of his mind, he was a sand colored tomcat with orange eyes.

And I myself wasn't alone, the almighty SmokePaw was with me chasing them down, and sheesh, she is strong and fast alright.

SilentStone was out with TimberPaw and GoldenSmoke to find some herbs, and we just stumbled accros the ShadowClan cats by coincidence, we were originally out hunting.

SilentStone didn't want to abandon TimberPaw and GoldenSmoke on their own incase there was a second patrol.

So we were chasing these mousebrained cats out of thunderClan. "what was our stupid leader thinking to send us out with one warrior!" the apprentice mewed at the dark brown tomcat, who I assumed was his mentor.

"keep quiet they're right behind us!" the warrior scolded "I don't know HazelPaw but keep your mouth shut and run!" his mentor picked up his pace.

The other two followed the dark brown tom and ran into their own territory.

I skidded to a halt with SmokePaw, who was panting, I was confused. Why did that apprentice say that?

"I'll get the fresh-kill, go ahead and head back to camp." SmokePaw told me " are you sure?" I asked, I wouldn't mind helping collecting the fresh-kill we caught.

She nodded and ran back the way we came from. I glanced once more at the Shadowclan border before starting the long way back to the hollow.

After minutes of running in a high pace, I finally started nearing the thorn tunnel. My paws suddenly slipped and I found myself tumbling towards the thorn tunnel. the snow felt cold against my belly fur as I was falling down.

I eventually came to a halt, I got up shaking the snow from my fur as I heard a chuckle behind me, I turned my head and saw SmokePaw sliding down the snow with her four paws steady on the ground as she slided down sideways.

"had a little fall huh?" she walked towards me "yeah a unpleasant one." I grumbled, I was cold, very cold "let's get inside the camp yeah?" SmokePaw nudged me into the thorn tunnel.

I walked into the clearing while SmokePaw brought our few pieces of  fresh-kill to the pile.

I walked towards the medicine den, I hadn't realized my paws were leading me to TimberPaw and MonarchPaw, I didn't even know where I was heading honestly.

"you okay SagePaw?" TimberPaw asked glancing into my eyes. "when I was hunting with SmokePaw we-" MonarchPaw interrupted "Ooooo someone's got a crush!" he teased.

"shush," TimberPaw shushed him with his tail "continue." he said "we spotted shadowclan cats, three well to me it looked like two and a half." I sat down.

"after we almost chased them away, they also didn't even fight back, the apprentice, he was fully black with hazel eyes." I paused, TimberPaw looked like he had a idea.

"the other one, who I think was his mentor, was dark brown and he called the apprentice HazelPaw." TimberPaws eyes went wide "who's the other warrior you saw?" he asked after collecting himself "he looked the most thin warrior out of shadowclan including the other two." I answered.

"were they hunting or searching for herbs?" TimberPaw asked "hunting, but why would they search for herbs? I saw them chase after a mouse but they were too tired." I answered confused.

"because, HazelPaw is the medicine cat apprentice and the dark brown tomcat you saw was RunningPelt, their medicine cat." he explained with a sigh.

"we need to tell SharpStar, if they're sending them out to hunt, which they shouldn't even do because medicine Cats stay out of clan fighting business unless they are fighting in a battle for their own lifes or needed to heal while the fight is going on, that means something bad is going on." MonarchPaw rambled.

"okay, let's go tell him then." I got up and walked over to his den, SilentStone walked out and looked at us questioningly but didn't say anything as he walked over to the nursery.

"SharpStar?" I called out "come on in!" my father's voice sounded from inside as we walked in. SharpStar looked at us curiously.

"SagePaw was out with SmokePaw hunting when they saw three shadowclan cats and they set chase, but while they were almost back on their on border the apprentice said that their leader was crazy to send them out to hunt with one warrior, then his mentor said his name, HazelPaw, doesn't that seem familiar?" TimberPaw quickly explained.

"HazelPaw is the medicine cat apprentice right? And RunningPelt was with him then? And another warrior? "SharpStar sat up straight.

" yes." I answered. After a few heartbeats dad spoke "okay, thank you for telling me, TimberPaw tell RainWhiskers aswel." SharpStar ushered us out of his den and TimberPaw went to tell RainWhiskers.

I layed down in my own nest and fell asleep.