{chapter 11} Stories and Tales (MonarchPaw)

The hazel-black cat leaped up from the bushes, his teeth breaking a poor mouse's spine. "finally got one." I told myself.

"poor thing couldn't even run." I picked it up and buried it next to a tree with some dirt, can't have anyone finding it.

The hazel-black tom only needed a bit more food for the elders, my father asked me to hunt for them.

"just a few more.." I told myself again, I have a habit of talking to myself, and with shadowclan invading into the territory they wouldn't try to catch me, they'd think there was another cat with me if they were dumb enough to not scent the area to double check.

I slightly opened my mouth, the scents of the forest was all that I could scent.

I found another mouse not to far away, sliding into the hunters crouch, I slowly stalked forward, and just like I did in training, I put my weight on my haunches.

I pounced, the mouse spotted my hazel-black figure and tried to run, without luck getting away from me, I swiped it into the air with my paw.

I sprung up and catched the mouse between my teeth, it went limp in my mouth while I landed back onto my paws.

"one more piece of prey and then I can head back." I mumbled, I scented, or well more like saw, a pigeon sleeping in its nest, fortunately for me it was sleeping, unfortunately for the bird it was asleep.

It was weird it was asleep but it sometimes happens. I leaped up against another tree, pushing my paws and launching myself towards the tree with the pigeon, SilentStone had taught us this, he has unusual fighting moves but it helps us survive and that's what matters.

I landed silently on a branch that was able to hold me and I stalked forward, I stood next to the nest and snapped its neck before it could realize I was there.

I jumped back down with the pigeon between my jaws, I followed my own scent back to the other two pieces of prey, which were luckily not stolen.

I grabbed the mice, struggling to keep them between my full jaws but I successfully got them all to the camp.

I walked across the clearing, MeadowSlate and LionFang were guarding RagingHowl. I flicked my tail in greeting as they nodded in return.

I brought the fresh-kill to the elders, including my grandparents, OldFire and TatteredTalon. "thank you, MonarchPaw." OldFire purred as he brought each of them a fresh-kill.

"no problem." I smiled, "MonarchPaw, could you get a fresh-kill from the pile for RagingHowl?" MeadowSlate called out to me.

I nodded and raced across the clearing, CoyotePaw, who was hunting, brought back two mouse's "hey, CoyotePaw," I mewed "could you bring those to TimberPaw and RainWhiskers?" I asked, I also knew for a fact they hadn't eaten yet.

It was sunhigh and the hunting patrol was back with luckily enough food for the clan.

She nodded and padded towards the medicine den. I grabbed a thrush, I padded accros the clearing towards MeadowSlate and LionFang.

I walked towards RagingHowl, who was glaring at me, and I dropped the thrush and pushed it towards her with my paw.

The tabby instandly swallowed it in few bites and tugging the feathers away. I padded back towards the fresh-kill pile, I grabbed a rabbit and left it in my father's den.

I grabbed a mouse for myself and padded back to the apprentice den, SagePaw was eating next to the den on a tree stump.

I sat next to him and ate the mouse in a few big bites. I disposed the remaining bones and walked inside the den.