{chapter 15} Healing (TimberPaw)

After the fiasco yesterday TimberPaw stayed in the medicine den, Aquawhisper had somehow managed to convince SharpStar that she could go to the gathering and continue her warrior duties after a day or two.

Aquawhisper and SagePaw stayed in the sick cats den with GoldenSmoke, mainly because she had bad injuries and SagePaw would complain about being stuck in there so much SharpStar thought he'd manoeuvre his way out.

"HazelPaw go get some fresh-kill for SagePaw and the others." RainWhiskers told the black apprentice while TimberPaw stared out into the clearing.

"TimberPaw, SagePaw is complaining again. Can you give him a poppy seed?" RainWhiskers called out from the sick cats den, "okay, RainWhiskers." TimberPaw simply answered as he watched HazelPaw walk out the den.

He got up from his sitting position and walked into the herb storage, the room was dimly lit but TimberPaw had gotten used to it.

He grabbed one of the big seeds between his teeth and walked back out the herb storage and into the sick cats den.

SagePaw had a moss nest next to their mother, both nests were in the corner.

He walked over to SagePaw and dropped the seed, SagePaw licked it up and swallowed it.

"I hope you'll feel better soon, and once we're back from the gathering I'll tell you all about it." TimberPaw saw the sad look on his brothers face.

"and even, you weren't on the list. So don't be so sad." TimberPaw gave him a reassuring smile, SagePaw gave a small smile in return and yawned.

"sleep, rest will help your wounds heal faster." TimberPaw advised his brother, he turned around and left him be.

He saw his mother and GoldenSmoke talking at the other side of the den. He walked up to them, they paused talking and looked at him "HazelPaw is getting fresh-kill, is there anything you might need?" he asked politely.

"we will be fine, TimberPaw. Don't worry so much about us." His mother smiled at him. He nodded and walked out the den, he walked into the storage to see how much herbs they had left.

He walked back out and sat at the entrance of the sick cats den and watched how his clanmates were eating the fresh-kill HazelPaw had brought them.

"TimberPaw." said a voice behind him. He turned around and saw the black fur of EmeraldFire "StreamingSky is kitting!" the she explained.

TimberPaw knew what he had to do "I'll go get RainWhiskers!" he said and got ready to search "that'll be useless." RunningPelt appeared behind him "she's out gathering herbs with HazelPaw." he explained.

"then what am I supposed to do?!" TimberPaw cried out "I don't think StreamingSky would want me doing it but.." the dark brown tom trailed off "but what?" EmeraldFire glared.

"I can guide you through it." his silver eyes looked at TimberPaw "m-me?" he questioned. The dark brown tom nodded "yes, you. The clan trusts you." he told him, his voice sounding encouraging.

"I can guide you through every single step." he urged, TimberPaw took a deep breath "okay, but you have to help me." he told the dark brown cat.

"very well." he dark brown tom sighed, "I'll go tell Streaming Sky!" EmeraldFire trotted out of the medicine den.

"what herbs do we need?" he questioned "borage leaves," the dark brown tom said "and a stick." the dark brown tom simply said "a-a stick?" TimberPaw questioned "yes, a stick. If we need anything else I'll go get it." the dark brown cat sighed again.

TimberPaw went inside the herb storage and picked up one of the few sticks that layed inside, also grabbing a borage leave or two.

He wrapped the leaves up in a small bundle and walked out with the bundle and stick between his mouth.