{chapter: 19} The Blizzard (3rd Person)

"get the elders to the medicine den!" SharpStar yowled over the heavy blizzard, the blizzard had struck them before the elders had reached the medicine den.

TimberPaw raced out and supported OldFire and led the elders into the den, safe from the blizzard.

CoyotePaw dug her claws into the ground under her, she was almost knocked off her paws by the strong wind.

"get to your dens!" SilentStone yowled over the wind, atleast the dens were holding up "CoyotePaw help me get RagingHowl inside the den!" SharpStar called her.

She dug her claws into the earth every step she took and reached the shadowclan senior.

The former shadowclan cat looked frightened "don't worry!" she called out and helped SharpStar in guiding her towards the leaders den.

"stay on guard with SilentStone." SharpStar mewed once they reached inside, SilentStone came in quickly after.

They had prepared a nest for the shadowclan cat in SharpStars den, they both sat inside guarding the senior.

———

SagePaw and DawnPaw were outside looking if any cat hadn't reached their dens yet but so far they hadn't seen anybody.

A strong wind struck DawnPaw, her claws reached for the earth under her and tried to look around but the white snow was blowing right into her face.

The snow increased rapidly while the young apprentice was looking around for her friend.

She felt her paws slowly beginning slip more and more.

"SagePaw! Help me!" DawnPaw yelled, her claws dug helplessly into the earth as the wind was blowing her away.

She couldn't see anything, she felt someone's teeth grab her scruff and dragged her into the apprentice den.

She turned and saw a snow-covered SagePaw. "thanks." she mewed.

"no problem." he responded and shook off the snow.

"that's one heavy blizzard!" SmokePaw mewed, SagePaw went and sat next to her, she started licking the remaining snow off his pelt.

"yeah, but the dens are holding up well." DawnPaw licked a patch of snow from her paw.

"I feel like we should use the bedding and make a big nest for all of us." MonarchPaw meowed "why would we do that?" WolfPaw asked.

MonarchPaw turned to him "our body heat can keep us warm, but if we sleep in our own nests the cold wind— and the snow— will increase. Meaning it'll get cold." MonarchPaw rambled.

"but what does that have anything to do with snow and wind increasing?" WolfPaw asked, MonarchPaw sighed "right now the blizzard is getting wilder, and once it's night it'll be worse than it is right now. And our body heat won't be enough to keep us warm." MonarchPaw explained.

"oh, I get it. If we stay close enough to eachother— which is the reason why it's better for us to sleep in one big nest— our body heat will keep us all warm." WolfPaw mewed at last.

"exactly!" MonarchPaw, without asking, started tearing MetalPaws bedding and rolled it into a ball.

"bring the moss to the middle and flatten it." SagePaw instructed, reluctantly everyone followed MonarchPaws lead and tore apart the moss bedding and turned into a ball.

SagePaw dropped the last of the moss, he pressed his paws onto the moss and flattened it.

The group of apprentices flattened the moss into a nest big enough for all of them.