Chapter 19: Octavius West

I use a warm washcloth to clean up Hazel's vagina, not wanting her to get a UTI or anything from me. She already went pee but was too exhausted to clean herself up, not that she would ever have to, I just figured that she would be more comfortable with that. It seems I was wrong. 

God, that was the best sex I've ever had in my life. I can't even think about how good she felt around me, how perfect it was to hear her moaning my name, without getting hard again. It was painful how hard I was. I've never felt that before. I've never felt any of this before, and I'm loving it. She let me lead, she let me do whatever I wanted to her. 

The amount of bite marks she has on her is ridiculous. I couldn't help myself though. She's so fucking soft, so edible. I sound fucking crazy. But fuck, that was incredible. I'm dizzy from how good it was.

I stand up, smiling softly at sleepy Hazel, and wash the cloth under hot water before leaving it dry over the sink. I lift the sheets and slide under the covers, wrapping my arms around her naked and slightly sweaty body. She sinks into my arms, and I can feel her rubbing my back, caressing me to sleep.

"Did you enjoy yourself?"

"I did, pumpkin. You did so well. So perfect."

"I loved it too. You were perfect."

That's what I like to hear.

"Do you have a favorite artist, Octavius?"

Such a random question but alright.

"Like a musical artist or?"

"Yeah."

"I like Hozier a lot."

"So sad girl music?"

I've never heard Hozier be called sad girl music. I guess sad girl music makes sense, but I think it's more general sad people's music.

"I guess so. He's calming. You?"

"The Arctic Monkeys. My dad used to buy their records and play them. Their 2006 album, Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not, changed my life."

"How old were you?"

"Like ten. We bought that record the moment it came out. I had listened to practically everything growing up. But when I heard them, I was floored. Something about that album."

I love her like this. Open and vulnerable and naked.

"My parents were like with Lauryn Hill, just obsessed. My childhood is connected to her."

She smiles at me, pressing a light kiss to my collarbone.

"It's weird how music shapes us."

"It's weird how shaped we are by the environment we're in."

"I have four brothers and three dogs. I don't think my childhood could have been more hectic. My family has always been a mess, but I look back on that, and I'm confused about how we all turned out pretty okay."

"I think you turned out better than pretty okay."

"I've had my bad moments."

She isn't alone in that at all.

"Everyone has them. I know I do."

"High school was when I made most of mine. In college, I tried my best to be different."

I can never imagine her doing shitty things. I see her now, and I can't believe the gorgeous woman I'm looking at has never hurt anyone.

"Do you have a story to tell?"

"I don't want you to look at me differently."

"I'm still going to want you. I can prove it to you if you want," I tease while moving my hand down between her legs.

She sucks in a breath as I brush her sensitive pussy with my fingers. She clenches her legs around my hand, her body shivering.

"Oh, fuck, I'm way too sensitive for that."

I chuckle, pulling my hand away.

"I was a bit of a mean girl. I could be rough with people. I said some things to a friend once, and we never spoke again."

"So it was bad."

"It was awful. I was cruel. Sometimes I look back at who I was and hate myself."

I can understand that. College life wasn't good. I wasn't good to people in college. I was angry and destructive. I pushed people into drinking and partying. I didn't treat people right, including my family and friends.

"Well, that person shaped you into the person you are today. And the person that you are here and now is wonderful. You are an amazing person. I think you need to forgive yourself."

"Have you?"

Oddly, I haven't told her anything about what happened, and she knows I feel guilty about it. She doesn't even have to know the details to know how it hurts me.

"For some parts of the story, no. For others parts, yes."

"And have the people you hurt forgiven you?"

"I don't talk to most of them, so I wouldn't know. Vegas does though."

"Vegas was there?"

"Yeah, he was there."

Hazel can tell that I'm not in the mood to go into detail, so she begins talking about the golden retriever named Butter that she had as a kid. I run my fingers through her hair while she talks rapidly about the happy moments she had with her dogs and her brothers. 

She raves about the love between her parents and how she's always something like that. The everlasting beauty is what she calls it. She goes on about her best friends and how they've always supported each other. She talks about Christmas, and it is her favorite time of year. 

An hour passes of us going on random tangents about childhood memories, the best of them. I would love to meet her family one day. They sound like a rowdy yet fun bunch. They kind of remind me of the MC. While I'm close with my parents and my sister, the MC has been my chosen family.

I am so grateful for everything they have given me. They've given me a place to call home when I didn't have one. When I hit rock bottom in college, I didn't have anywhere to go. Vegas and I were living in an on-campus apartment, barely able to keep up with those bills, and trying to juggle social and academic lives. 

I was expecting college to be difficult, but I was unhappy with my major. Nothing mattered to me. I was angry at the world, at my parents, at myself, and I just lost myself in that anger and alcohol to get away from the bullshit. I made it through that struggle, got my degree, and did what I was supposed to do as a good son. 

At least, what I thought was me being a good son because that's what my parents taught me. But I didn't know what I wanted to do with myself. I wasn't going live the rest of my life in the corporate world. I saw how that destroyed the fire in my father. 

I wasn't going down that path. So, I didn't know where to go from there. Vegas and I wanted to go somewhere that was different than New York City and ended up in the desert of Texas. I think we went to the extreme.

We got jobs as bartenders at the MC bar, and it just went from there. That's where I met Alpha who was still a prospect, and we never looked back. Somehow, we ended up right where we needed to be. It didn't take me long to truly become a part of the MC. 

Everyone was extremely welcoming from the beginning. I mean, the moment I walked in, people (strangers) were happy to see me. It was like I was an old friend. They were mostly happy because I was serving the drinks, but it didn't matter. 

After being tormented in a place I didn't feel right in for so long, I didn't care. It was good to feel needed. I feel needed all the time now. And here I am, holding Hazel in my arms, and I can think of nothing better than this moment. We need one another. I'm needed by someone incredibly important to me.

Somehow, I ended up right where I need to be. With her.