13

Victoria's p.o.v

"There's no man that can understand your grief more than your maker" Our Pastor said.

I was in church; I didn't go to church regularly so this was one of my rare appearances. Almost everytime I came here, it felt like God was directing this sermons to me. It always hit my soul deeply.

"Though it is the Lord that understands your grief, we as Christians should lean on each other and give support. Do not force your way into the lives of brethren" he paused and I exhaled remembering King.

"Do not give support because you have to, do not treat it as some duty, make a decision from deep within to be there for your brethren. Do not be there for people to spite them. Give them time and do not intrude, most importantly intercede for them" my heart suddenly felt heavier after my pastor said these words.

I should have just waited for King to open up and just be there for him. I deserved everything he said to me. As we began to pray, I asked God to please forgive me and be with King and comfort him.

It was offering so we were dancing. I moved over to where Ibukun was and nudged her.

"What?!" She glared at me.

"I know you missed me" I hugged her while she shrugged me off.

"What inspired you to come to church?" She raised her eyebrows. I just rolled my eyes playfully at her.

"Lets dance joor" I held her hand and pulled her along with the people moving to the front for offering.

"Adeleke leave me alone" she whined.

****moments later ****

"So he was pissed" Ibukun said before licking her ice cream. We were currently leaning on her dad's car with her little brother, Promise. We were waiting for her parents and Eniola.

"Yes, I feel so stupid" I groaned.

"I wouldn't say that you didn't intrude his privacy but you only did it out of care" Ibukun stated. I just continued taking my ice cream.

"Anyhow sha, you guys should put your dispute aside for the competition. They must not beat us on our territory oo ,even though I could care less, just don't want Greenwood to win" I just laughed while she shrugged.

"Wo, let me be going, I'll see you tomorrow" I patted her head while she swatted me off.

"Promise love see you" I hugged him before walking away. I walked to the place where I would see a bike to take me to my estate.

"Princess, how are you?" My favorite security guard greeted.

"Im fine sir" I smiled at him before walking into the estate. JVKE was currently on repeat. I love that guy so much. His songs just hit different.

*****Time skip****

I had changed out of my church clothes and was currently wearing some comfy clothes. I carried my BTS headset, phone and journal and placed it in my bag. When I got downstairs, my mum was there watching tv.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"To the hospital" I waved her goodbye before leaving the house.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes" We drove out of the compound and went to Heaven's hospital.

"I'll come home myself, thanks Uncle Chima" he just nodded before driving off.

I looked up at the building before walking in. As usual, it was bustling with people and doctors. I acknowledged the nurses at the counter before walking to Dr Barbara's office.