21

Victoria's p.o.v

"Where are we going?" Ibukun grumbled in annoyance. I had this interesting idea for us to go on a walk through the woods that were close to my aunt's house.

"Adeleke, do you even know the way?" Onome asked.

"Though it's been a while, I still remember where we are going," I adjusted the strap of my backpack and continued walking.

"Can you at least tell us where we are going?" King commented.

"Nope," they all sighed while I continued skipping. A few minutes later, we were at our destination.

"Are you guys ready?" They all groaned in response. I moved the branches of tree blocking the path and let them walk through.

"Oh my gosh," Barakat gushed.

"Totally worth it," Yemisi said. They all took in the scenery. It was a water spring. The spring is like a sparkling jewel, with water that dances and shimmers in the sunlight. Its gentle flow creates a peaceful atmosphere where only the sound of birds and rushing water could be heard. The spring was surrounded by lush green grasses at the shore, and the vibrant emerald hues of the grasses create a beautiful contrast against the crystal-clear water.

"How did you find this place?" We walked towards the water while the boys set the picnic basket on the grass.

"I was just wondering around, and I found it." I sighed in content,
taking in the atmosphere.

"Why were you wondering around in the woods?" Yemisi looked at puzzled.

"I don't know. I just felt like," Ibukun shook her head at me.

"Oya, let's go and eat, I'm hungry, abeg." Barakat walked back to where the boys had set the basket.

We all sat down, and drinks were passed around. Everyone conversed amongst themselves, but only one person stood out to me. Melissa sat there repeating the same cycle she had probably mastered. She kept putting the bottle to her mouth, but the liquid never entered her mouth. She just kept it there like she was actually drinking from it.

I watched her as her hands shook as she held the drink and stared at the liquid. She looked down at her hands, and her eyes only held one emotion, disgust. I watched as the emotions slowly left her, and she plastered a fake smile on her face and listened with half interest to what Asi was saying. I finished my drink, then took off my sandals and walked to the water side.

I was wearing my earpods, so everything was quiet except the sweet voice of Lewis Calpadi. I placed my hands in the water and watched as it flowed around my hands. Someone bent down next to me and also put their hands in the water. I turned to look at Elijah, who was staring at the water. I offered one of my ear pods to him, and he just took it and smiled at me.

"Are you good?"

"Of course," he replied. I nodded.

"You don't seem okay." I commented.