26

Victoria's p.o.v

Just like that the break came to an end. It was a rollercoaster and now we are returning back to school. I placed my hands on Yemisi's shoulder to reassure her. She had called me yesterday night saying she couldn't bear to go to school alone so we picked her up this morning. The gate of Royalty college was now in our view. I took out my other headset and gave it to her.

"It's noise cancelation. Just act like they don't exist" she smiled at me gratefully.

I took out my headset and also put it on. I held her arm as we walked through the parking lot. As soon as we made it into the hallway, almost all eyes were on us. I felt Yemisi become stiff, I squeezed her hands in reassurance and we continued walking. They were talking amongst themselves but I had made sure that we both won't hear anything they had to say. As we were about to get into the class, someone pulled Yemisi's backpack, yanking us both backward.

"Oh Yemisi, Toria I'm so sorry" Pemisire smiled at us brightly but obviously she was mocking us.

"You dey craze guy" I got in her face. I was very annoyed this morning and I'm not in the mood or have the energy to take any bs.

"It wasn't on purpose o, so wait o, you na want to beat me abi? See this one, who dey give you mind? Incase you don't know you people no longer have power. Why didn't you use this energy against David?" She mocked me.

"Guyy, mind yourself. Ajeh, I'm not in the mood for any stupid thing you have to say. No talk wetin you no know bro. Don't test me or I swear I will smash your head on this wall. Fucking try me bitch" I glared at her so much that I imagined drilling a hole inside that deformed head of hers.

"Vicky it's not worth it abeg. People are staring, just ignore" Yemisi pleaded with me. I made sure to give the fool a nasty look before walking into the class. Our classmates watched us as we walked in, Anu smiling victoriously despite the fact her face was messed up courtesy of Melissa.

"Yemisi how was your holiday? Hope it was fun?" Anu said. We ignored her and sat at the back.

"Yemisi, I'm available if you ever want to cheat again or if Nosa is not enough for you" A boy said then burst into laughter with his friends. I squeezed my fists while glaring at them.

"Ahan Victoria, please don't kill us with your eye. It's not our fault your friend is a sl.." Before she could complete her statement, my government textbook had landed on her face.

"Holy shit!" a random girl yelled as blood oozed out of Mary's nose.

"Blood of Jesus, this girl don mad o"

"How did the book reach here?!"

"Yes I'm mad, I fucking dare you idiots to say a word. Because I no dey talk when una dey always perform, I don become fool to you. Walahi, if e sure for you, say one more fucking word, I dare you" I was livid. I was never this angry or should I say I could control my emotions well and now it seems like I was all over the place. I just couldn't control it, my hands shook, my vision was blurry and I felt choked, my head hurt but all I could think about was bashing in someone's head over and over and over again. The thought consumed me, you know when you are so angry and you imagine hurting someone and it gives you so much satisfaction yet you have to restrain yourself from turning it into a reality.

"You are one crazy bitch" Mary said with tears in her eyes. They began go take her away when I heard.

"That's how she assaulted Melinda too" I could hear a screeching noise in my head. I stumbled. My mind replayed the horrible memory, blood, the noises, the loud voices encouraging me to go on, the satisfaction and the horror on everyone faces.

"You're a fucking psycho, you are only here because of your dad's money. Maniacs like you should be locked up, money can't hide the monster underneath" Anu said. That hit me hard. In my 16 years of existence, that was the day I would forever regret till I die. I could not speak, I just stared at them while they looked back in fear and hatred. They left the class and I just kept on staring at where they all stood before.

"Vicky" Yemisi called me with caution. That was all it took for me to break.

"I regret that day.. I didn't mean to.. I.....I...I was just tired of it all.... I didn't mean to.. she was going to keep on hurting me... I didn't want to.. I.....I couldn't deal with it anymore, I'm so sorry.. I didn't want to...I didn't mean it..." At this point, I had become a broken record as I broke down in the class. Yemisi tried to comfort me but I think I was too far from being comforted. The memories came flooding back; drowning me in guilt and shame.

"Yemi, I can't... I can't breathe...it's hard.... I want it to stop... I want it to end... I want to..." I couldn't complete my sentence. Yemisi left me, I wrapped my arms around my legs. I heard footsteps behind me.

"Tori" it was King. My back was turned towards them.

"Toria, it wasn't your fault." He sat on the floor with me, his back was touching mine. I leaned back on him while trying to control my tears and the voices.

"They all had it coming. For everything they put you through and what Anu put Yemisi through. Sure, there were other ways the situation with ...." he hesitated. "Melinda could have been handled but it also wasn't your fault. You've just kept everything inside for so long and it was bound to come out one day. You did nothing wrong love. I need you to calm down okay, we can seat here as long as you need"

I bowed my head and cried till there was nothing left. When I was ready, I turned towards King and tapped him. He stood up and pulled me up before pulling me into a hug.

"We will all be fine in the end" he said kissing my head.

Will we?

************
A/n: what's up my people? Long time no see. I know you all are probably annoyed at me for leaving but it's not easy. School is out for my blood so I'm trying my best and I had a bit of writer's block. I got some messages from some of you guys and it really inspired and motivated me. I'm just super grateful that demented reality is loved and enjoyed by you guys.

Anyways, onto today's topic, what do we think about Victoria's outburst? What is the story with Melinda? Is Victoria's story slowly unraveling? Let me know your thoughts.

Please like by pressing that little star, share, comment.

Thanks for the love and support ❤️

See you in the next chapter. 💕