9

Victoria's p.o.v

Since we stayed long at the assembly, the seniors decided that we should start from 3rd period so I was free cause they were having biology. They went to the lab while I just stayed at the back solving government pq.

Elijah walked into the class, I was the only one in class by the way. My mum said if I wanted to go to arts,why should I do a science subject so here I am today.

"You no dey go class ni?" I raised my eyebrows at him. He just shrugged before coming to sit near me.

"I'm stabbing class jare, not feeling up to it. Oshey smartest, you are the only that will be carrying pq in Ss2" he said and I just replied with meh.

"Why are you not going for class though? It's not like you" I questioned him as he sighed before leaning his back on the chair.

"The bullying stuff just got to me, it's really shitty that people get bullied for the dumbest shit. I feel bad for that girl, I know first hand what it's like" He whispered the last part while clenching his fists.

My heart broke for him, Elijah was bullied in junior school because he was chubby but when jss3 came around and he changed, everyone wanted to be his friend.

"Well I won't sit here and tell you I understand how you feel when I don't so I'll just listen" I patted him while he smiled at me before sighing again.

"And Onome, I saw the pain in her eyes, she looked like she was the one who had been bullied and it hurt like shit" he rubbed his face. I smiled sadly at him before sighing.

"You really like her don't you?" I scribbled on my note. Like I've been told, I observe a lot of things and know things but act dumb.

"Yh, but I know she can't like me back. She sees me as her friend and fat kid she helped" I jabbed him in his side while he yelped.

"That's not true" I said Firmly before going back to sketching. "I may not get straight a's but I'm not that dumb" he deadpanned.

I knew he was talking about her crush on Prince, to be honest I had expected her to pick Eli but as expected of my oblivious best friend (emphasis on oblivious), she has a crush on Prince.

I kind of avoided her when I figured it out, childish I know. It wasn't confirmed but I ignored her. I was kinda sad and mad that my ship will not sail.

"It's a matter of time, I know it and if she decides not to, I know ways to change her mind" I chuckled to myself evilly while he looked at me like I had grown two heads.

"You have problem" he flicked my head while I glared at him.

"It doesn't matter if she likes me or not, I mean it does but I'm okay as long as we are still close and can depend on each other and I can protect her and be there for her even if she likes someone else".

He looked at me with certainty and my heart just ached with lots of awww's and cuteness.

"God when? I sha know that He created me to be a potato, just like Hudson Vega would say, potato ,potato" I nodded my weird while he just shook his head murmuring about what he was gonna do with me.

We just sat there listening to music and I sketched anything I could make out from outside. Third period was over so my classmates returned and I was having economics so I moved to my other class and settled down. The others arrived and we all talked then like 10 minutes later, the teacher came in and we began our lecture.

Moments later.....

I was in the cafeteria with King, Melissa, Ibukun and Nosa. We were all eating, everyone wasn't really chatty today because of Onome. I and Ibukun found her crying in the toilet so since then we've been down in the dumps.