pt:39 Burn Spill

I wake up in Eddie's bed bundled up under the covers wearing only his hellfire shirt. I turn over to say good morning to Eddie but he's not there. I slide on a pair of his boxers. I get up and go to the bathroom examining the marks that Eddie had left on my neck the night before. I laugh quietly to myself before walking out to find Eddie. I look all around the trailer in the kitchen, living room, even double checking his bedroom but I can't find him. I open the trailer door to see if he was still here and I see his van still parked out front. "Eddie?" I call out trying to find him. "Yes sweetheart?" he calls back, but I still can't see him. "Where are you?" I say back to him, still searching. "Right here." he says and I look over to see him slide out from under his van. I stare at him in shock. His hair is pulled back into a bun and he's shirtless with sweat forming on his chest. I watch as he puts a joint between his lips and lights it while smirking at me. "You're staring princess." he says. I turn my face away blushing as his smile only grows. "No I'm not." I lie. "Are you sure about that?" he asks taking a few steps closer to me. "Yes Munson, I wasn't staring." I say turning and walking back into the trailer, slightly
embarrassed. I walked into the kitchen but I felt Eddie's arms wrap around my waist as he picked me up and carries me into his room. "Eddie we have school today," I don't even try to retaliate. "Fuck school!" Eddie drops me on his bed. Eddie leans down. "You are the best motherfucking thing that has ever happened to me," Eddie kisses my face over and over again. A loud bang on the door occurs.

Max. Eddie gets up to answer it, and I trail behind him, still pretty tired. "We got to- wait, ew! What were you doing in there?!?" "Shut the fuck up, Max," I try to push the door closed. "Get some clothes on, we have to go to school, unless Eddie's boxers are your new style!" "What if they are?" I cross my arms. "Dress-coded." "You wish." "If I didn't know any better," Eddie interrupts, "I would think you two were siblings." "I can wear whatever the fuck I want!" I slam the door shut. I pull my hair up in a bun as I walk into Eddie's room. I grab a pair of jeans that I left that Eddie keeps stashed in the back of the closet for god knows what reason. I slide them on then walk over to Eddie. "I will be right back." I kiss his cheek, but he pulls me back and kisses me on the lips.

I walk to my room and grab a white top that doesn't cover my belly button. I grab a black belt and loop it through my jeans. I leave it hanging low, then pull the boxers up higher so I can see the waistband. I fix up my hair and touch up my face before grabbing my bag. Eddie is walking out at the same time as me, and Max is waiting by the door. Eddie unlocks the car, while insisting that he open the door for me. As Eddie pulls out of the trailer park, Eddie reaches down and touches the boxers I'm wearing and laughs. "Stubborn I see," Eddie rests his hand on my thigh. I grab it and squeeze it. Max shuffles around. "Get a room," she mutters. "You pulled us out of it," I spat. "Did I do something?" I whisper to Eddie. "I'm not sure," he looks at Max, who is staring at the back of the van, "but I know last night was well worth it." I smile. When we get out of the car, Robin approaches me. I was shocked that Max didn't leave me. Robin shoves my shoulder, "what the hell, Ellie? You left us at your house all night." "Oh," I look down, "I got distracted." "By Eddie," Max mumbles. "Is that why your wearing his boxers on display too?" Robin crosses her arms. "That was rebellion," I point my finger in the sky, "but maybe Jason Carver will learn to keep his body parts to himself." "That's besides the point," Max looks to Robin. "The point is, you ditched us!" "Where the hell were you when we got out of school, Max? I was in the back of the van crying!" "I uhm, don't want to talk about it." "Yep, what I thought." "Ellie," Robin slaps her hand on Eddie's van. Eddie slaps her hand. "Fine! I promise tonight!" I throw my hands in the air. "I'm going to need more than just a promise," Robin eyed Max. "Max, just fucking drag me home." I drag Eddie into the school.

As we sit in Kaminsky's class, Eddie looks really tense. I grab one of his fingers from under the table, before sliding a piece of paper to him. It reads, 'What's on your mind?'. Eddie slides one back, 'You're mad.'. I give him a confused look. 'Please, don't be mad at me for last night.'. 'I'm not mad at you, I'm mad about forgetting.' Eddie sighs, I couldn't tell whether out of relief or out of anger.