pt:30 Tired Soul

GUYS! WE HIT 20K VIEWS ON WEBNOVEL! LET'S GOOOO!
__________________________
(Eddie)

Ellie is shaking me violently. "What?" I ask, half-asleep. "You have to get up," she whispers to me. I squeeze my eyes shut. Ellie pries my eyes open, "wake up!" I sit up. I was surprised my room was clean. I guess I forgot that I'd cleaned it. "I'm shocked you finished," she giggles as she throws my clothes at me. "Yeah yeah," I furrow my brows as I take off my shirt. Ellie's eyes are glued to me. I don't pay attention. "You need something sweetheart?" I ask attempting to hide my smirk. "I-uh...no." "You're cute when you lie," I look up at her. If we weren't about to leave I would... "I'm going to take our luggage to the car," she breaks the silence. I smile. I finish packing my carry on bag as I hear a car honking outside. Ellie is in the house now. We both look at each other confused.

"Get the fuck outside!" I hear a voice shout. I open the door as Ellie trails behind me. Everyone was there. The whole gang. Ellie runs to hug Robin and Steve. I hug Dustin. "We had to see you before you left," Nancy says while she hugs Ellie. "Have fun," Max smiles from the other side of the car. "And be safe," Steve points his index and middle fingers at his eyes and then to us. Ellie rolls her eyes. "Yeah, yeah," she shuts the van door. I laugh to myself while staring at the ground. It's hilarious how she just avoids those topics. I step up to his car and put my hand on Steve's shoulder. "We will," I shoot Ellie a wink, and she nearly drops to her knees. Ha! "We can drive you to the airport if you want," Steve says with a smile. Save on gas? Hell yeah. "Sure," I say grabbing our suitcases from my van. Lucas hops out of the car, "I will stay here with Max." Steve nods and Robin gets out of the passenger seat. She motions me to sit there. I throw our suitcases in the trunk. I sit in the passenger seat. Ellie stands there uncomfortably, as if she didn't know where to go. "Come here," I outstretch my hand. She takes it and I pull her in my lap. She's cold. I wrap my arms around her waist. Ellie buckles the seatbelt over us. I kiss the back of her neck. She rests her hands on my arms. "What do you plan on doing?" Robin asks. "Well," Ellie starts, "I told him if he cleaned his room he could choose what we do." "Did he do it?" Dustin asks. "Surprisingly, yes." "Surprisingly?!?" I shout. "Eddie," Nancy tried to 'soothe' me, "we all know how it looked last year." What do I have to do for them to not bring that up? Ellie rubs my arms. "It's okay," she whispers. How does she know? I try to calm myself. "So Dio..." Mike asks, "who exactly is he?" I spin around to face him, making Ellie jump. "Who is he!?" Mike's eyes widened. "He's like one of my idols!" I'm geeking out. I shut my mouth and look out my window. I'm so weird.

It was still completely dark outside, which meant it was probably around 5. The boys are talking in the back and me and Ellie are talking to each other. Not anything specific, just chitchat I guess. We finally pull up to the front gate. "It's so hot in here," Dustin whines. "We're almost there," Steve shouts back. Steve pulls into the drop off lane, and I open the door. Ellie slides from off of me. She smiles and outstretches her hand. I take it and stand up. Steve is holding our luggage. Robin and Dustin are standing out of the car. I hug him one last time. Ellie hugs Robin, and before they release they do this cute thing where they kiss each other's cheeks. Robin is flustered easily.  "I love you, man," I say, holding his shoulder. "I love you, too."

I suddenly have the worst feeling of deja vu I have ever had in my entire life. "It's been a while since I said that," Dustin says, and I assume he felt it too, "but last time I said it, I was crying." I remember. The night I died. I hug him one more time. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.

"Eddie," Ellie touches my arm, "we have to go." I break the hug. "Bye," everyone says as I grab my carry-on in one hand and my suitcase in the other. It shouldn't hurt. Why does it hurt? Ellie is super excited to leave, but I keep looking back. "Eddie..." she says slowing down, "are you...okay?" I don't say anything for a long time. "Yeah, I just had a little flashback." She looks at me worried. "Of?" I continue walking to the check in line before continuing. "The night I died." I got some weird stares. "Really?" she asks, trying to divert my attention to her instead of the other people. "Right before I passed out, I told him I loved him... and he said I love you too, man." I started to tear up, and Ellie pulled my head into her chest. I was taller than her, so I had to lean down quite a bit.