pt:52 Stars Around Scars

I needed to go ahead and publish this. Sorry it's short lol. Anywaysss, i'm about to go to camp (tomorrow morning) and i will not have my phone. so there won't be any chapters all next week and i won't be writing any so it will take me a while. anyways, if you want suggestions lmk.
__________________________
The pounds at the door wakes me up. Although, I wasn't asleep. I never was. I swiftly walk to the door, trying to keep Steve asleep.

I should have known it would be him. Who else would come here in the middle of the night? "Eddie, I told you not to come back until-" I begin to shut the door. Eddie pushes the door open with his right hand. "Ellie, I'm clean, sober." "It's not just that-" I cross my arms. "I swear by it. I even had Max test me. I'm sorry." "Eddie," I take a step forward, blocking his view into the house, "I'm not ready to forgive you yet." "What do you mean?" He grips his arm tightly. "I need time, Eddie. To cope." "I can help you," he extends his arm, and his sleeve pulls back. It wasn't his sleeve that told me, it was his instant reaction. "Eddie, no." I whispered. He didn't say anything, he just took a step backwards. "You didn't." I told him, "no, you didn't." His eyes squeeze shut, and I know. It's hard to be mad at someone when you're sympathizing for them at the same time. "It's my fault," I rush towards him, "I'm an awful role model." I pull his sleeve back. A bunch of fresh scars. He looks just as bad as I did. His eyes are hooded black.

Eddie pulled his arm back, "what I did was awful. I'm so sorry, Ellie. I was possessed by intoxication, and that's no excuse." He drops to his knees. "Ellie, please forgive me." He wasn't pleading with his eyes. He wasn't trying to charm me out of it. Eddie was genuinely begging me to forgive him. And I did.

"Please, let me bandage those cuts."
I tried to reach for him, but he pulled away. "I want you to hear it, I am so sorry." "Thank you, Eddie." I grabbed his hand and led him to the kitchen. Steve was upstairs, asleep. I grabbed a bandage from the bathroom and prepared it. Eddie is sitting on the counter. "Nothings infected or anything?" I whisper to myself. Eddie chuckled a bit. I bring my head down, kissing his scars. Then, I wrap them in a bandage and hug him. his arms slide around my waist. "Don't forgive me." He whispers. "What?" I pull back to look at him. His face is wet. "I don't deserve it," he rests his palms on my chin, "you deserve to be mad at me. What I did was awful." "You were drunk!" "Drunk or not, it was awful." "You couldn't control yourself." "I shouldn't have been drinking." "Fine. You win, Eddie. I will hate you a little longer." He nodded his head subtly, "I should leave." Eddie leans forward on the counter. "Eddie, please don't leave me," I begged. "I don't help your situation-" "I need you." I whisper, "I need you to sleep next to me, help me when I have nightmares. I need you to tell me everything is alright. I need you to protect me like you always have. Please, Eddie." He slips off the counter. I half expect him to leave. He wraps his arms around me and squeezes me, while being sensitive to my ribs and back. "I will only help you if you want me to." He whispers, "You have every right to hate me."

I should be pissed. I should tell him to leave me the hell alone. But the truth is, I need him more than I hate him. I know he will work to earn his trust back. It's in his nature. I need someone to talk to, someone to support me. Someone who is physically close as well as emotionally close to me. No one can do that except Eddie.

I'm holding a marker in my hand as I draw stars on his bandage. I'm cradled in his arms in the master bedroom. Steve is upstairs. Eddie looks like he might fall asleep.