Chapter 1.2

"Digital Chess? Really?"

Kamuro, who was sitting next to Sakayanagi, was visibly confused. Sakayangi was playing digital Chess on her phone.

"Have you not known that I love to play Chess, Kamuro-san? We've been together for almost 2 years, haven't we?"

"Sitting next to you was a mistake... By the way, why did you leave so abruptly?"

Kamuro was seemingly talking about when Sakayangi met up with someone.

"I've met up with Kazaki-kun and Ayanokouji-kun to discuss rather private and important matters."

"Important matters, my ass. Actually, I've gotten quiet time because of you leaving. I'm, uncharacteristically, thankfull. Especially since you didn't call me with you."

"As such, you are gratefully welcome, Kamuro-san, fufu."

"Can you make a laugh normally, that's not 'fufu'?"

"Hehe~"

Kamuro just stared at her and deeply sighs.

"Any boy who would've heard that would be flying over the moon for you."

"I'm quite flattered."

"Hey! Princess! Oh hey there, pleasant. What will we be doing the next special exam? Or so, who will we be targeting?"

Hashimoto, who's been quietly listening, finally joins the conversation. Although Kamuro was angry.

"Pleasant? You're  a whole anima-"

"We'll be targeting Class D."

Before Kamuro finishes her insult, Sakayangi answers Hashimoto's question.

"Oh? Not Class B?"

"While Horikita-san and her class has been steadily growing and rising up the ranks, there's still a rather big gap between us."

The gap was about 300 to 400 class points wide. It wasn't much of a concern.

"Class D has been the opposite recently of Class B. Class D even lost 25 points in their latest written exam regardless of them being in Class B in the beginning. Once we defeat them, there will be no way for them to rise up. Afterwards we'll simply defeat Horikita-san and Dragon-Boy."

"Dragon-Boy? Ah right, him." Kamuro remarks.

"Indeed." Sakayangi responds and she whispers a check.

"So, princess. What do you think this next special exam will be? After all, we don't know when or what it will be."

Hashimoto, who still curious, asked Sakayangi.

"I don't know any of the contents for this exam. However, it may be unique "

"Unique?"

Kamuro rejoins the conversation, feeling rather confused Sakayangi.

"Isn't every special exam unique? Even the cultural festival has some weird things in it."

"While what you said is certainly true... Kamuro-san, don't you think the school will try atleast harder to make the special exams be more... interesting to the students?"

Kamuro was even more visibly confused than before.

"Interesting? Ugh... At this point, you're annoying me... You're not even answering my question."

Kamuro,feeling fustrated, turns away to the window.

"I'm once again flattered by your compliments. This is quite uncharacteristic of you, Kamuro-san. Did something romantic happen during the trip?"

Sakayangi wore a smug smile while Kamuro was looking at her with a killing intent.

"See? This is exactly why I dislike you. I now have more of a reason to wipe that smug off your face."

"Ignoring the question and compliments me again? Something did happen, didn't it?"

Kamuro looks away from Sakayangi as Sakayangi utters these words.

"Checkmate."
_____________________________
Word Count: 528 Words