Chapter 3.3

It was nighttime. After eating a 'honey bun' for the first time, I wanted to drink something to pleasure the feeling of chewing and swallowing food.

It didn't take too long before I got to my floor. Along the way, I got some iced tea which was around 120 yen. I think it's a reasonable price.

As I continue walking towards my dorm, I suddenly felt the urge to walk faster since I sense someone 10 meters behind me.

It seems like the person who was following me started to do loud footsteps as I started walking faster. They had no intention of hiding their identity.

If it continues like this, this person may very well know my dorm room. It can go to the point of mental harassment such as vandalizing or kicking the door to annoy me. However, that's useless as cameras are placed in these hallways.

Even then, I can handle them in some way. I even have a clue to who it is.

And what they want.

As I began to walk faster, the sight of my dorm came to me.

"Oi, Ayanokouji! I want to have a friendly talk with you."

I ignored him and pulled out my keycard. As I entered, I was about to close the door before something came to stop the action.

"Is it wrong to have a short discussion with you, Ayanokouji?"

I can only hate the universe for the horrible timings I have been put into.

"What is it, Nagumo?"

"I'm sure you know what's it about."

I actually did not know what he was talking about.

"I have no clue. I really don't. Please enlighten me."

"Playing dumb might be a mistake. I know you know."

"I unsurprisingly don't know.

"...Huh?"

Nagumo seemed to be in a state of confusion and doubt judging by his facial expressions.

This is my chance.

...

"I said unsurprisingly because every time you talk, I genuinely don't understand what you're talking about. I guess it fits, considering your strategies as well."

...

Did I do a good job? Isn't he supposed to laugh? I messed up, didn't I?

...

Did the internet fooled-

"I came here to talk about the special exam and our bet."

Ah.

I knew that.

"I'm sure you know about our bet."

"I don't remember doing any bets."

"I apologize, match."

The match, huh.

"What about it?"

"First, let me talk about the special exam, or rather. You explain it to me."

Although he's somewhat hard to understand, I get what he means.

"The special exam as made by you, President Nagumo. It makes sense, considering your individualistic approach to this school, you attend to fully make the rewards to people, rather than classes."

He mostly did the same thing with the Island Exam. In fact, the process was similar. The first top 3 or 10 get individualistic rewards and also gain class points for their class.

However, for this exam, that class points were happening on the latter half.

As for the contents of the exam, well. I won't question it. Even if it was originally intended for Halloween or October.

"Indeed true. However, I intentionally came here for the bet."

"What bet do you want to make?"

"How was Hokkaido?"

...What?

Why did he suddenly change the topic?

"Nothing much."

"Anything interesting happened there?"

Now I was even confused.

"No, it was relaxing."

"Relaxing, huh..."

Nagumo was acting weird. Well, he's always weird, but the different type of weird.

I can't put my finger on the issue-

"My bet is to have the most explosions caused by either one of us."

That was...interesting.

"I'm not interested. That will be too much work for me."

"What if the next special exam will be a random person to be expelled from each grade, you just happened to be one?"

"That...will be troublesome."

That hypothesis is one of the many reasons why I think Tsukishiro wasn't trying to expell me. If anything, he could've simply done that.

But for that to happen, would go against my ideals.

Even if I comfortably try to stay in the shadows for this exam, I'm sure he has some sort of strategy to combat me in order for me to get expelled.

"So, what are the conditions?"

I intentionally said this so I can hear the rules. After all, agreeing to something you don't know of can cause harm. It's similar to signing a contract you don't have the details for. It can very well be someone taking your house.

If you even have one, that is.

"As stated, if either one of us gets the greatest number of expulsions for students, you win. If I win, perhaps I can extract information out of you? Of course, from your class and other things. If not that, I have the power to command anything I want for the remaining months I have."

My intuition is telling me that there was a hidden reason as to why he truly wants information from me. However, I said nothing regarding that. Instead, I asked-

"And if I do win?"

"Then whatever you want from me, of course, to some level of limitations. Such as me dropping out. That's a example."

This could go into my favor.

Nagumo extends his hand, saying, "This is a deal if you shake my hand. Whoever expels the most students in this exam wins. And I will be saying this. I'm not holding back anymore; I will not let my ego falter me any longer."

"I see, whoever expels the most students, huh."

It seems as if Nagumo won't be holding back anymore.

I looked at his hand, with some thought, I decided that.

I shook his hand with a firm grip.

"I agree to conditions made, as well as the deal. I know you're recording this as you most definitely talked to the school and the chairman about this. There is no need for you to record, Nagumo. It has been done."

As soon as I said that Nagumo smirked as he took out his phone.

"Deal made."

As he said this, he stopped the recording and placed his phone back pocket.

"It's a pleasure formally battling with you, Ayanokouji."

"Likewise, Nagumo."

After shaking hands once again, he finally released his foot from the door and began walking away from my door.

I closed the door and began going to my kitchen. There I placed my groceries on the counter and began cooking.

As I left the stove open and my food was currently cooking, I took a sip of my iced tea I bought earlier, but...

It seems as if I gained a bit of respect for the person known as Nagumo Miyabi.
_____________________________
Word Count: 1125 Words