Chapter 6: Tension Grows

IT'S BEEN OVER 5 DAYS, it's the 6th day now. Our class made a strategy to win the first half of this exam. As much as I want to win, a sacrifice must be made.

A sacrifice crucial to the class and Honam- Ichinose's development. Me and Himeno have already talked with the ones who have a role of a Werewolf. After negotiating with Class C, they've surprisingly accepted.

Of course, after what they did back then, they cannot be trusted. But I have no choice, I need to do it. A deal that Ryuuen made that benefits the both of us, though I suppose this deal is only for the first half.

"Kanzaki-kun!" Seems like they're here.

I was waiting in the corridor of Keyaki Mall. It was currently 6:30 PM, though a couple students roaming around, they all seem to be from other years.

"Sorry for calling you this early, Amikura and Watanabe. Do you have Hamaguchi with you?"

"Yawn. Nope. I'm pretty sure he's sleeping since he's been doing a lot of work recently. What's the meeting about?" Amikura answered.

"Ichinose."

"Honami-chan?" She tilted her head in confusion and showed a worrying expression. She must've thought something bad happened to her, which she isn't exactly wrong.

"Haven't you seen how she's been acting lately? It's been noticeable since the end of our Hokkaido trip... not even before that. This has been perhaps happening since near the end of our first year, but it only ramped up in our second year. Don't you see that are a major issue, the most important issue in our class?"

"I... yeah, I get what you're saying."

At the very least, she's seeing what's happening with Ichinose.

"Don't you two think she's not ready to be leader? That she should step down?"

""Eh?"" They both showed me a combination of surprise and confusion.

"Sorry, let me rephrase. I believe that until Ichinose fully recovers emotionally and mentally, I should be the temporary leader." I want to get to Class A, however I don't think I have the leadership skills nor the influence to drive my class. I would have to remain the backbone.

"W-wait, why? I know Ichinose isn't in the best state right now, but isn't she the class leader? We need her for the class battles." Watanabe agrued.

Is it possible to even convince them? How can I help my class if I can't even convince my classmates to help Ichinose and the class...

"If she's the leader," I started. "aren't leaders supposed to be mentally and emotionally strong?"

"I mean... I get what you're saying Kanzaki-kun but Honami-chan never backed down from her leadership. Ryuuen-kun did near the end of winter break step down for a while?" Amikura asked.

"Ryuuen stepped down and after him recovering, he defeated us in the Final Special Exam. If Ryuuen could do it, why shouldn't Ichinose? A break is needed for every human, constantly doing the same thing will drain you out."

Not only will it possible bore you, but it could begin to have negative side effects. If it doesn't bore you, it could begin to become addictive, a habit. A break is needed when you're running, you'll get tired easily so you would take a break.This is the same for eating something consistently, not every food, but it would become stale and eventually you would begin the need to eat something else. This is the same with the brain. it needs to rest and reenergize so it could properly function again.

Ichinose has been the leader for over 2 years. Although there have been breaks in between, those breaks have barely any value to them. She would still have the stress of overcoming special exams such as those physical like the uninhabited island or the sports festival. It may require critical and deductive thinking such as the Zodiac exams. Unfortunately, I am certain that there are more than just the special exams.