The Queen Under the Mountian

☄. *. ⋆

The forest rumbled, shaking with the night of someone. Toothless whimpered.

He was defenseless, bound, and wounded; without his tail fin, he would never be able to fly. He would die, indeed. Then the thundering stopped, and he saw two golden eyes glowing in the shadows.

Toothless' breath picked up. I will die, he thought I would never get to fly again, and I will pass to a beast, but out of the darkness didn't come a beast, no it was a red gold wyren.

Her golden eyes were fixed in toothless pupils dilating as she stared straight into his greens. Toothless lost his breath for about a second, then filled down more.

The wyren moved silently, her eyes never breaking from the dark beast. Then when she was close enough, she stretched her long neck, opening her maw. Toothless let out a pathetic whimper closing his eyes in reflex.

This is it, he thought, now I die. But the pain never came. Instead, he felt the rubbing of warm scales on his own, making his moss-green eyes open.

He looked down to see the wyren nibble at the tangled vines aorund his talons. His eyes widened as understanding settled in. She was freeing him.

Relief flooded through his very being, and he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

His eyes, though, didn't leave the female as she moved aorund, working on the bonds, cutting them until the last one fell for the ground, releasing toothless.

Groaning at the shooting pain from his tail Nivht Wing stood up on wobbly legs and tended aorund to face the Wyren, but when he looked aorund, she was gone.

The only trace left were her intoxicating scent, mirth, and gold. And earth. Toothless sighed deeply before glancing down at his half-finned tail and whacking it softly against the ground. Cause of this, he could not go after her.

Probably he would never find her.

But he could hope and pray to what we god there were that he did. He wouldn't let her go after all.

☄. *. ⋆

Here's the first chap short, but it's somethin'.

- Hyun-jun