How To Pick Your Dragon

Here on Berk, they've always done things one way: the Viking Way. Since we dragon came, the Viking Way has become, well, the Hard Way. Unfortunately, some people, like Hiccup's father, refuse to change.

Me, Hiccup, and Toothless land by Stoick, who is coming off his boat.

Gobber turns to us, sagging. "It's that rogue dragon again. That's the second boat this week he's destroyed." The red-haired man agreed. "Well, we lost another whole catch. We could have saved it if we'd gotten there sooner."

Hiccup smiled and shared a glance with us before turning to his father " Well, I know how you could have gotten there sooner." This makes Stoick sigh, and he turns away from my and Toothless earring back while they talk.

In the end, Sock decided he would try the Dragon Way.

Later we 3 are on a sea stack, Hiccup showing his father how to ride toothless "Alright, I've made a new stirrup so you'll be able to control Toothless." He says, and I let out a rumble of amusement, making Toothless glow at me.

Then Hiccup grabs his father's hand. I tilt my head, growling softly. "You feel that?" I say, and Stoick scoffs, pulling his hand away. "Yeah. Still dry and scaly." His son sighs before offering to his father to get one. While I would've let him ride me, not was the time.

Anyway, Tootbless is a better dragon and more controlled. I'm still a wild dragon. And a Queen, so I don't know if I'll ever get a rider.

"We'll start nice and slowly. Just give him a little nudge when you wanna--" Stoick cuts off. Hiccup kicks Toothless in the side, and the trio zooms into the air. I startle but keep still on the sea stack, golden eyes broad.

"I SAID NUDGE!" Hiccup hollers as he, Toothless, and his father zoom off, leaving me on the stack.

I sigh and fly back to the island, only realizing they will be fine.

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

And suddenly Stoick hunts a dragon, no, not in a murder way but in a game ways

This one is a well, if not the first Thunderdrum. He's mighty and has quite the roar. My ears still ring from the roar he tried to down me with.

"Alright! We have to fan out and cover every part of the island!" The chief says to our friend; they and their dragons' nod.

Ruffnut and Tuffnut, along with Bard and Belcj, take the West side, Snotlout to the North side, and Fishlegs and Astrid to the East side.

We're the ones that left. I'm flying beside Toothless, my fave drawn in a focused manner.

We soon find him, and as we land, he charges at us, but I hiss, snaking my head in front of the humans "back off, Thunderdrum, I do not want to use any strength on you" he backs down his head to the ground. Stoick then walks up to him, and me moving my head away to give him access.

But then a strange smell fills my snout, and I see another Thunderdrum deeper in the cave. The others seem to have seen him too.

I turn to Toothless and Hiccup. "There's another Thunderdrum in there," I say, and Hiccup frown peering in, noting that it's hurt,

"Well, he-he's protecting his friend. That's why he's been taking all those fish. Get the others. And tell Gobber to get ready." Stoick says, not looking at any of us. But I won't have it. "Cheif, we can't just leave you here!" He gives me nothing, only telling us to go,

We do in the end, leaving him with the Thundersrums.

"Looks like it's just you and me, big fella," Stoick says, but the Thundedruk hissed. " I want to help, trust me." The thundedruk snorts beige, guessing behind the man, and out of the forest appears a huge group of wild boars approaching the cave, eyes red of bloodtheizt.

Stoick growls, and so do the dragons. "Ah, they smell the blood of your wounded friend." The boars attack, and Stoick fights them off. On jumps on Stoick, and the Thunderdrum whacks him off. More boars approach. Stoick holds his hand out to the Thunderdrum, and they bond. Together they fight off the ravaging boars.

"Aww, look at us! We're bonded!" Stoick yells once the boars are gone. Me, Hiccup, and Toothless return. I stare wide-eyed and ask the chief, "What. Happened?"

"Ah, we battled a few boars and did a little bonding." He says, and Hiccup shares a glance with me. "You?" He asks, and his father nods. "Of course! There's something you should know about dragons. It's all about trust."

From beside me, Foothles snorts. "So you heard that?"

This makes Stoick chukle smile.

"Yes. I just said it. I listen."

Back at the village, Stoick, on the Thunderdrum, help lower the injured Thunderdrum down to Gobber for healing.

"Take good care of him. He's a friend." They fly off to complete chiefly chores.

Stoick still does things the Viking Way. Fortunately, Hiccup, Toothless, and I showed him that the Viking Way could also be the Dragon Way.

~ ▬▬ι═══════ ﺤ ~