The Iron Gronckle

After Smaug fell, things have not been the same. But the Vikings and dragons still have to live their lives. Such is the way of life. Some fail, and others rise from the ashes and become stronger. 

Nothing we can do about it. 

Toothless has it the worst of them all. He hardly does anything, and when he flies, it is always with his head down, so he can't see where he is flying. Nevertheless, hiccup worries about him and decides to ride with Astrid and Stormfly today. "when you're not grieving anymore, Toothless, we can fly. You can't keep doing what you're doing now. We're going to crash," Hiccup said that day before patting Toothless on his head and walking out of the house.

Toothless sighed. He didn't want to grieve, but his heart stung too much to ignore it like everyone else. he was closest to me anyway, and thus his heart broke the hardest. So it should be me; instead, he thinks and cowers more inside himself. He doesn't even try to stop the tears, and why should he? No one sees him here. 

Why, Odin, did you take away the only light in my life? What have I done to you? Such things ran through his mind, and he could do little to stop them. He sighed once more and opened his bloodshot eyes. There in the room where he lay, nothing was out of the unworthy. Hiccup's table and chair stood there, the ink pen and the ballpoint pen. Nothing had changed. It was almost as if Hiccup was not grieving at all.

Toothless felt unmistakable anger well up inside him and growled. Why would he grieve anyway? He's just a human, not a dragon. He didn't feel pain like me. He... he... he wasn't there.... thoughts like this wouldn't get him anywhere, so he shut them out and fell asleep. It was the best he could do. 

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

Today, of course, something happened.

What, you wonder? Let me tell you that a certain Gronckle has become the highbrow of the day. And it just turned out to be not such a good idea. Poor Meatlug ate rocks that made her skin magnetic and then obviously got scared because she didn't realize what was happening.

So she thought running away in fear was a good idea, but that never helped. And then they finally got some good out of it. But things will still happen here even though the dragon queen is gone. 

Only Toothless won't be a part of it. He's still in the house moping. He has nothing better to do than sleep, he says. But what if there's something better, like going to the dragon he loves? she may be dead, but she's not gone from the world. She's still in the hearts of her underlings. 

As she will always be. And forever stay. 

But what if then darkness appears? What happens, then? Well, all I can say, dear reader, is that not even I can be castle down. Not when dragons and people need me the most. 

And I opened my eyes.