Defiant One

The life of a Dragon can be difficult, harsh, and stormy. Nobody could make it through alone. So eventually, you're going to have to rely on someone. But, unfortunately, we do not always get to pick that someone.

"This is so lame! Why are we even out here?" Hookfang growled as he, I, Toothless, and Stormfly, along with the others, flew side by side.

The others had their riders while I had, of course, no one. I hissed a sigh and snapped at the red-brown dragon. "Because this is our first dragon search and rescue mission." Hookfang snorted. "I see a lot of searching but not much rescuing! Do you even know where we are?" this time, Hiccup speaks up, "My dad said the fishing boat was last seen heading South."

The dragon and his rider glace at the roaring water below us, but they find nothing, and Hookfang snarls, "you don't know what you're talking about. There's nothing down there! So I say we go North!"

This is where Stormfly comes in, her wing brushing against mine. "And if Smaug said to go North?" that at least silenced the Nightmare for a while. I smirked at him when his yellow eyes narrowed. Toothless gurgled a chuckle from his spot beside me.

"Are you trying to mess with my mind? Because nothing gets in here, nothing!" the Monttruis nightmare growls at the end. I shake my head, flare my nares, and continue to focus forth. "What does our map say, Fishlegs?" I hear Astrid ask, but then the truffle of paper ensures me that our map reader has no luck, either.

"You know what, Toothless? I'm done listening to you! I said North, and North is where I'm going," Hookfang said and flew off, leaving us others. I and Toothless shared a glance before the Night Fury let out a sigh.

I growled and flicked him on his head with my claw. "Ugh. We're going; we're going. Lead the others back. We'll get him," Toothless says to Stomfrfly, and we two fly the way our pigbeahded friends left.

Soon we see a giant waterspout. I grow weary and call out to Hookfang, "That waterspout is way too dangerous!" he only calls snottily back over his shoulder, "That's why I'm flying around it. Duh!"

I roll my eyes and l, let out a roar in fear when I see his failing wings. "YOU'RE CUTTING TOO CLOSE! LOOK OUT!"

And that results in Hookfang taking summersaults in teh air and Snotlout being thrown off his dragon's back. I'm torn but shoot forward to catch Snotlout calling to Toothless, "go and find Hookfang! I will take care of this guy," I growl and pump my wings harder.

I soon get a grip on the boy, but before I can straighten myself, the waterspout drags me in, making me lose my grip on the boy, and before I know it, I crash.

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

When I woke up, I had a string of pain sprawling all over my body. I groan as I feel a soft nudge, and the familiar smell of Toothless fills my snout.

"rrr... Toothless?" I croak, and the nudhingh turn to frenvetn licking, and I start to recoil away in surprise. "Woah, calm down, love!" I chuckle and bat his snout with my claw making him stop. He grumbles, and I stand wincing at the painful pop in my joints. "you were out for a few hours. The boys have left to scan the island trying to find where we-- er, you crashed." the Night Wing Explains to me.

I hum and flare my ears "well, let us not stay here and rot. Let us find them," I click, and Toothless hums, and together we slither around the cliffs scaling them in no time. e

the scent of our friends gets closer, and soon enough, we see them hiding behind an outcropping of a coal-black rock. On the other side, I smell strange smells, but I still remember them: Outcasts.

"Those are wild dragon tracks, alright." the Outcasts say, and I growl. Toothless and I slowly crawl closer to our friends, stealthy as much as dragons our sizes can.

"Good. I feel like killing." says a familiar voice, and a rumble shakes my body. But before I can go out there and attack them, Hiccup places a soft paw on my arm, and I inhale before letting out silently. The two men walk away, and we are left to wonder how in all gods we got here.

I didn't even know we were close enough to be here.

I shake my head and walk away from the two legs and Toothless. If there is someone who shall get spotted, it should be me. I am the biggest, and I am the queen. So with a huff, I crawl after the Outcasts despite my friends' calls.

When I came upon them, I let out a growl to get their attention, and when they turned around, I let out an ear-splitting roar making their faces contort in pain and my positions spit, hitting their faces. Then, with a snort, I take off low enough for them to see me but high enough for them not to catch me with those ropes of theirs.

"After her!" Savage calls, and I hear his footsteps, and it is mrik.

Humans are so predictable, I think as I fly away from their base and away from Hiccup, Toothless, and Snotlout; as long as my friends are safe, this will have to do.

~ ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ ~