The Surprise

*Tyler's POV*

"Hey, Ty, I just thought I'd come to see how everyone looks before you head off. Might as well, I'm not doing anything at home," Troye said.

Silence. I looked around and everyone had now gathered around by the door, but no one spoke. Everyone was just looking, probably waiting for me to move aside and let Troye in so they could greet him.

"Tyler?" Zoe said next to me.

"It wasn't the delivery man," I said deadpan in my hazed state. All she did was grin at me in return. I looked around and everyone else was staring at me expectantly causing me to be even more confused. I stepped aside, giving Troye space to come inside, but I never felt him shuffle past me. Still no one was speaking.

"Tyler? Are you alright?"

"Tyler, say something?"

"What?" I said.

"Troye asked you something," Tanya meekly spoke up. Oh, yes, Troye. I spun around quickly to locate him.

Oh.

Troye was standing on the doorstep looking dapper in a black tuxedo that was tailored to perfection, holding an enormous bouquet of red roses.

"What?" I stammered out.

Troye looked confused and then worried and anxious before speaking up again.

"Uhm," he said rubbing the back of his neck nervously, "Tyler Oakley will you go to prom with me?" he asked and sighed relieved that he made it through without messing up.

I don't understand. Troye had just been- Troye asking me to- I felt like curling up into a little ball. I took a deep breath clearing my mind. I had to figure this out fast. I had been so overwhelmed at seeing Troye at the door that I immediately thought that he was here to say hello, imagining a whole different situation in my mind. I must have missed him asking me to prom. That's why everyone was staring at me. They were waiting for me to reply. Or look happy to say the least. Wait. hold up. Troye is here. Asking me to prom.

"But, but," I stammered. "What about Zoe?" I asked, turning around to see her reaction.

"Tyler! Yes, obviously!" she mouthed to me, nodding eagerly in Troye's direction. I spun around again quickly.

"Yes! Yes! Of course, yes!" I cheered, wrapping Troye up in my arms.

"I don't understand?" I said moments later when we had all moved back into the lounge to sit down. "But you were so-"

"It was all an act to make it a surprise for you," Troye interrupted, "although it was kind of ruined when you didn't reply the first time I asked," he said sheepishly.

"Troye I'm so sorry, I was so shocked at seeing you there I just imagined in my brain you were here to say hello or something. I didn't even process the fact that you were all dressed up. Im so stupid, I always ruin everything," I groaned.

"You did make it extremely awkward, and the least movie-like as possible. But it was perfect just the same."

"It was pretty much as movie-like as you can get. The love of your life surprising you like that," I said cheekily giving Troye a quick kiss.

"Get a room you two!" Zoe jokingly shouted. Zoe!

"Wait, Zoe I'm so sorry," I exclaimed. "Zoe, you dont have anybody to go with now," I apologised.

"I would like to think I'm not a nobody," a voice behind me boomed out. I turned to find Alfie standing in the doorway in a tux.

"Alfie you're here!" I exclaimed, "Zoe aren't you excited?" I asked when there wasn't much of a reaction out of her.