Classroom Dates and Fireflies

*Troye's POV*

I knew the second I saw the nutella in my locker that it was Tyler that left it there. I made sure I had controlled the smile that was consuming my whole face before I pulled away from my locker. If Tyler was lurking around trying to see my reaction, he wasnt going to get a single one out of me. And then when he showed up at my basketball practice I just knew he was planning something, but by the time it was over he was gone. I whipped out my phone to find a text from Zoe, saying I need to shower and then she's picking me up. I asked her where she thought she was taking me, but she just replied with a "you'll see." Thinking whatever she had planned couldnt be that bad I obeyed. I didnt usually shower at school. The concept of showering with a bunch of rowdy boys while they made locker room talk, didnt exactly appeal to me. When I walked out to my car lo and behold Tyler was there, sitting on my car like he belonged there.

"Uh, Tyler? What are you still doing here?"

"Come with me," he said grabbing my stuff and locking it in my car.

"I cant I'm waiting for Zoe," I explained.

"No, you're not," he smirked. Straight away I knew what was happening. And Zoe can just wait until I get my hands on her.

"Tyler, what are you doing?"

"Come with me and you'll find out," he teased grabbing me by the wrist.

"Uh, Tyler, you can let go of me, I'm not going to try run away," I motioned towards my arm which he was just about pulling out of its socket as he lead me quickly. He immediately let go and fell back in step with me so we walked together in silence. Then when we reached our math classroom I was really doubting what Tyler was doing so I felt the need to speak up.

"Uh, Tyler, why are we here?"

"Shh," he replied. Was that seriously the answer he gave me. I'm just about freaking out that we are breaking or entering or something and that's the reply he's giving me.

He opened the door so I followed him inside. I was not prepared for what I saw next. I gasped as my eyes moved from corner to corner of the room. The tables where me and Tyler sit had been pushed together and set up for dinner. There were candles and rose petals and fairy light. It was perfect. Utter perfection.

"Is this for me?" my voice came out as no more than a whipser. I was too taken aback to speak properly.

"Yes," Tyler replied taking my hand and slipping his fingers in between mine. He lead me over to the table, holding out my seat before taking his own. When I looked down at the food I realised it was my favourite dish from the chinese restaurant I took Tyler.

"It's from the chinese restaurant you took me to," he explained unnecessarily since it was my favourite restaurant and I would know my favourite dish anywhere, but I decided to let him have it and not tease him.

"Tyler, this is amazing," I admitted and went on to ask the one question I really wanted to know the answer to, " How did you get Mrs Samuels to agree to use her classroom for this?"

When his reply consisted of us promising to be good in class I had to hold back a laugh. If by the end of the night we were friends again there would be no ways we would spend one of our only classes together behaving.

"Tyler, look I'm sorry-" I started to apologise, but he cut me off

"No Troye, dont apologise, I'm the one in the wrong here," he interputed.

"No," I continued, "I came to your house with the intention of forgiving you. I should have let you explain. It's just that..you hurt me, you know. A lot." It felt so good admitting what he did to me, but knowing it would make Tyler sad knowing he hurt me, made me feel so bad.