9

I woke up in a sunlit room, covered under a blanket. "Hey" JJ mumbled "hey" I winked "don't do that ever again" he laughed "that's my thing" I then finally noticed the lack of clothing on neither of our body's. "How you doin" he quoted Joey from Friends "good how bout you" I smiled. "Good" he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. Our eyes lingered
on each other before connecting our lips.

I got up and grabbed a big shirt on the floor. "I'm gonna head back over to Kiara's. She's going to be wondering where I am" I put my shorts on "you look good in my shirt" he chuckled "you suck" I laughed "you do to. I learned that last night" he winked. My head whipped over to him. "Asshole" I mumbled "I heard that" he gasped. "I hope you did" I walked back over to him.

"Stay" he grabbed my wrist pulling me on to him. I was straddling him again. He planted sloppy kiss along my neck. Probably leaving at least a couple of hickeys. "JJ" I mumbled "what" he laughed. I felt the vibrations from the laugh on my neck. "I have to go" I grabbed his chin and planted a deep kiss in his lips. "Bye" I smiled "bye princess" he winked.

"Where the hell were are you" Kiara yelled as I sat on her bed. "I was at my house" I shrugged "you sound like my mom" I told her. Kiara stopped pacing "yeah because I'm concerned" She went to sit next to me "I was-" she gasped "is that a hickey" her finger pressed on my neck "holy shit June" she laughed "it's not a hickey" I tried to rub it away like that would work.

"You did you go to Rafe's last night" her voiced lowered "no" I replied quickly "okay good. Well we're meeting the boys at John B's house in a little" She walked into her bathroom "you'll need this" she threw me some concealer "yep" I sighed going over to her vanity.

"And we were outside like this. And all we hear is just, Bam! Bam! Bam! Knocking the paint off the wall from inside. All right? And I'm just looking at him like." Jj paused "wait first off, look at this shit" I leaned forward from my position on my chair. JJ shook his head, making white particles fall from his head.

"That's dandruff, disgusting" Kie cringed "okay, thank you" Pope ushered him away. "Look at all that. All right? That's paint. At that point, I was just, like, I'm waitin' for death" JJ sighed "oh, okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us" Pope asked "yeah" JJ replied "did you get a good description of them" I asked leaning back in my chair.

"Anything" Kiara commented "Anything we can bring to a police report" I spoke up. JJ glanced over at me. My heart quickened again. "Burly" he answered "burly" Pope repeated "you know like-" Kiara cut JJ off "That's not very helpful".

"Okay, well, no, like the type of guy at my dad's garage" he explained "I mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers" I sighed at the conversation.

"Yeah. Yes. No,we know" Kiara told him. "I can tell you with full confidence, these boys, these killers" he took a hit from his vape. Our eyes met and I motioned him to hand it to me. "They're square groupers" he walked over, handing it to me letting his hand linger for a second. He proceeded to wink at me. A slight pink tint appeared in my cheeks. I noticed Kiara sit up in her seat.

"They're square groupers, like narco square groupers?" Pope asked "like Pablo Escobar square grouper" he continued "yeah men" JJ agreed "you guys, not everything is a kingpin movie" I commented. JJ glanced over at me walking over. I handed him his vape back. But he stayed over there by my chair. "What does this square grouper look like, specifically" Pope asked.

"You weren't there" JJ replied "you don't know what to look for" Pope yelled "dude! I wasn't taking little mental Polaroids the entire time. I was under duress, okay" his hand met with my shoulder. I put on hand on top of his. Kiara's eyes widened. "June Heart" she shrieked getting up, grabbing my arm and pulling me into the house.