11

-KOOK YEAR
SUMMER OF 2019-

I sat in the library with Kiara at the Kook Academy. "There's a party tonight" She smirked. "I have so much homework" I sighed "You can just skip tomorrow and do it then" she tried to convince me "fine" i caved in "yes!" she exclaimed.

Kiara's jeep pulled at the Thortons house. "You didn't say it was going to be here" I shrieked "So, what's the big deal" She asked "JJ will probably be here" I told her "Just because you have the fattest crush on him doesn't mean shit, J" I rolled my eyes in response. "Fine whatever" We hopped out of the car and strolled inside "Ima go grab a beer. You a want one?" She asked "Yeah. Sure" I smiled

The party was a mix of Kooks and Pogues. "Hey cutie" someone bumped into me "What do you want" I sighed "What" he slurred "Jay we aren't friends go away" I huffed "Come on have some fun kook" He laughed. I flipped him off and went to find Kiara. "Hey you okay?" Kiara asked noticing my facial expression "yeah just some dumb pogue" I pulled my hair back "well here" she handed me the intoxicating beverage. "Thank you" I smiled.

Kiara and I danced the night away and drank a little too much. "Truth or Dare" a random kook asked me "Dare I'm not a pussy" I glanced over at the blonde pogue boy. "Okay. Kiss her" motioning to Kiara "hell yeah" Jj yelled "okay" I shrugged. I went over to Kiara and stood in front of her. Her arms went my neck and pulled me forward. It tasted like beer and strawberries from her chapstick. "Woo" the crowd of kooks and pogues yelled. Kiara and I left and headed back to her house. "I'll walk back to my house see ya" I told her. "okay bye" she smiled.

-THE PRESENT-

JJ and I were smoking and Pope was working on something when John B pulled up in the van. "Let's ride" JJ exclaimed. We made it to The Wreck and Pope went inside to go get Kiara. "She said she's not comin" Pope announced "Why not" JJ asked from the back seat. "John B what'd you do to her bro" I asked. "Hang on. I'll deal with it" He told us, getting out of the van. Pope stayed by the door and waited for them.

"Hey, have they gotten any better" JJ asked. I pulled my sleeves up to reveal the not-as-noticeable marks on my arms. "Yeah a little" I sighed pulling it back down. "Don't ever do that again, okay" JJ said sternly. I didn't respond "June please" His voiced cracked a little "okay" I muttered back.

Kiara and John B walked out and got in the van. "You mind if I just relax on this one" JJ asked from beside me "it's been a long day and a lot of weird stuffs gone down" JJ handed me a blunt. "Yeah like June informing us that you two have kissed" Pope told Kiara "You told them!" She whipped her head around to me "what we were playing truth or dare and JJ asked if I've ever kissed one of my best friends and I said yes" I put my hands up In defense "okay" she sighed.

"Look I know I was wrong about the lighthouse, all right? And wrong about everything else going on but I was right about one thing. Okay? My dad is trying to tell me something." John B announced.

We entered a parking lot going into what it looks like a graveyard. "John B what the fuck are we doing at a fucking graveyard" I asked climbing out of the van. "Patience June it's a virtue" JJ said "do you even know what a virtue is, JJ?" I asked "hey guys come on" John b motioned us to follow. "We're back here alone and it's dark" JJ whisper putting his hand on my waist "JJ not here" I exclaimed in a whisper "then later" he asked. My face grew warm. "Fine" I sighed JJ then laughed to himself and followed the others.

"This place is scary" Kiara commented "John B what are we doing" I asked. "Shut up" he told me "you know how you're trying to remember a song and can't remember who sings it" John B announced "yea" Kiara and I said in unison.