27

"you sure he got everything?" kiara asked the routledge boy. "every bar. the whole enchilada" he answered. june was worried for her brother, with the new found information that ward had killed their parents took a toll on him but it did her as well. john b took off his cast and threw it aside, "look, it's not like i expected a happy ending or some shit". "john b" i began. john b quickly cut her off, "what, june? it's a hairline fracture. who cares?" "put the damn thing back on. your arms gonna be messed up for life" i shot back. "it's fine. see?" he lifted up his arm. "drama queen" i mumbled as i laid against the dock railing where jj sat.

"guys!" the four turned to see pope running towards them. "oh, God. i ran all the way here" pope bent over on his knees, catching his breath. "you alright?" john b asked. "how was the interview, pope?" jj got down and stood next to june. he looked down and winked at her which didn't go unnoticed by the others. she hit his arm in response. "don't ask. jb, look, i'm sorry dude. about everything. but i don't have a lot of time and i have information that is tactically relevant" pope huffed and puffed. "what's that mean?" jj whispered into my ear. "im praying for you" i patted his arm.

"so before i had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airship to put palms for cameron's big plane because it was too heavy it needed a longer landing strip to take off. so, im there sitting in my interview, thinking to myself, hm? why would cameron need a longer airship to take off? what could be so heavy to weight it down?" pope spoke. "gold" jj replied to the obviously rhetorical question. "that's right" john b agreed. pope jumped up and down, "exactly. guys, this is our chance, but it leaves tonight, and we have to go" pope rambled.

john b and i made eye contact. the tears in his eyes were obviously blinked back quickly. "guys, we can't give up now" kiara hopped off where she was sat on the railing. "what's the plan, big man" jj tossed his arm around my shoulder. "we're gonna steal that shit back" john b smiled. it had been awhile since i'd seen him so hopeful.

we all began to the twinkie. "i call shot gun!" i laughed as jj chased me, "not if i get there first". i had surprisingly gotten there first and john b drove.

"we go in there, guns a-blazin', make ward cameron beg for mercy, abscond with as much gold as possible and vámonos, get the hell out of there" jj spoke aloud the 'plan'. "we aren't trying to die. you know that, right?" june turned back in her seat to look at the boy. jj patted her head. "not everything has to be solved by peace, june" he spoke. "trust me, i know" she turned back the right way. "send that shit down the intercostal" john b added. "wait for weather" kiara added as well. "exit to cuba" pope finished. "cuba? no man, Xcalak, jewel of the yucatán. lobsters so thick, mangoes, and no word for money" jj finished setting up his gun. "let's do this shit" john b spoke aloud.

"do you even know how to shoot that thing, properly" i asked the blonde boy. "yeah" he obviously lied. "then you shouldn't bring it" i told him. jj rolled his eyes, "like you could". "i can actually" i did the sign of the cross "love you mom". "your mom didn't teach you had to shoot a gun" jj scoffed "how'd you know, hm?" i tilted my head to the side,"want me to prove it?".

"can you two stop flirting, please" pope asked. we both automatically replied "shut up" at the same time. jj rolled his eyes while i stuck my tongue out at him.

we pulled up to the landing strip and hopped out of the van. "what's the plan? broad stroke"
kiara asked john b. "i don't think we got that far" he replied. "they're loading up the gold" pope spoke. as i was looking out by the plane i saw a familiar face. "he has sarah" i gasped, my hand clamping over my mouth. "no he...he can't take her with him. we have to go! we have to get her!" my breath became uneven. i started walking backwards towards the twinkie. "he's hurting her" john b used the binoculars to see closer. "they're fighting" he added. "come on" john b ushered me to get in the twinkie. "june, what the hell, get out of the van" jj banged on the door.