22

i groaned as i woke up with a pounding headache. my eyes gazed around the distraught mess i called my room. i put on a shirt and shorts then headed out of my room.

the chateau was empty, except for me obviously. i pulled my phone out of my pocket and called john b. "where are y'all" my voice came out tried and rough. "we got sarah and kiara. they've made up and i told them about your dad" his voice lowered at the end "kay thanks see you later" i spoke "bye see you later" companying his voice i heard the others.

i hung up and yawned. as i began to go to the kitchen i heard an all to familiar bike pull up. i stormed outside. "what the hell are you doing here?" i yelled. he got up from his bike, "i thought we were friends now, june" he laughed. "rafe, they'll be home soon" i began to panic. "i'll be quick" he paused, "ya know what they say, a tilly for a tally?" i rolled my eyes "yeah?".

"well since i did some did something for you. i was hoping that you'd do something for me" a smirk appeared on his face "and what is it?" my arms crossed. "i need you to break
up with jj".

i froze, "what?" i yelled as i walked over to him, "i'm not doing that!"

"well then i'll just have to tell the sheriff" he began to turn away.

"you'll end up just like my father. if you tell the sheriff" his face twisted. "is that a threat?" he chuckled, "no" i paused, "it's a promise" i shrugged and he got back on his bike and left.

i huffed and went back inside.

a couple of minutes later the other pogues showed up. "hey juney!" sarah smiled and ran over to give me a hug while i was on the couch. "hey sarah" i hugged her.

she pulled away and plopped down next to me. i looked up at jj and he held a dr. pepper bottle in his hand. "here" he handed it to me, but he didn't meet my eyes. "thanks" i gave him a tight lipped smile. as he handed it to me his hand lingered for a second. blush rose to my face but quickly faded as i saw john bs stare.

jj sat on the other side of me and quickly glance over at me. he grabbed the blanket next to him and draped it over me. "thanks" i whispered "hm" he responded.

i turned on the tv and asked what they'd like to watch. they said the didn't care and i took matters into my hands.

i went onto netflix and restarted greys anatomy. sarah groaned, "this is the only thing you watch at this point". "leave me alone" i hit her with a pillow. "i mean it isn't even realistic" jj commented. i whipped my head to look at him. "you cannot talk" i glared "hm why's that?".

"you don't even watch shows!" i spoke. "i watch shows" he scoffed "uh no you don't—" john b interrupted me. "can you two just stop arguing for once!".

"sorry" we both mumbled. i looked at jj and stuck my tongue out. "very mature of you, juniper" he whispered and pushed my head back. my head whipped back to look at him. "how do you know my real name?!" i whispered "i have my ways" he winked. i rolled my eyes and yawned. i leaned my head on sarah's shoulder and my eyes drifted close. i heard jj clear his throat. i opened my eyes and glanced at him. "what" i mouthed "nothing" he mouthed back.

i sighed and leaned my head on his shoulder. "you're an asshole" i whispered "shut up" he said back. after a few minutes i fell asleep.

"why do we have to do this right now" i whined, "it's like 10 o'clock at night! i would usually be asleep by now".

"okay grandma" jj smirked "die" i stuck my tongue out at him. "you guys got rope?" john b asked from the front.

"got it" pope answered. "grappling hook?" john b teased "no grappling hook. we're not batman" i yawned.

"pulley?" john b asked once more "check" kiara responded. "dark clothes?".

"no john b we're all wearing fucking, neon pink" i paused "of course we're all wearing dark clothes!". john b looked through the rear view mirror and shook his head.

"flashlights?" john b parked the van. "check" jj spoke. he turned on one of the flash lights and pointed it at my face. "stop it" i pushed the flashlight back. "dramatic" jj mumbled. "asshole" i retaliated.

"if you don't stop arguing i will separate you two" john b looked at us through the rear view mirror. i rolled my eyes. john b got out and went to the side of the van.

"wait, wait" john b spoke, "i wanna say thank you, guys. seriously. it means a lot to me that you're here tonight" jj and i glanced at eachother.

i stuck my nose up at him and he rolled his eyes. "always" kiara smiled.

"of course man" pope told the brunette. "this is so fucking cringy" i muttered under my breath. "all right, we done with the circle jerk? can we go do this?" jjs eyes flicked around the people in the van, but they landed on me.

"yep. come on" i groaned as i got up from my seats. "let's get that wheat in the water" pope commented.

"weed? i'm up for weed" jj and i spoke in sync. "jinx! you owe me a dr. pepper" i grinned "die". "gladly"
i smirked at him.

"wheat. i said wheat. you two need to grow up" pope nodded his head in disappointment. "i don't think kids do weed so i think i'm grown up enough" june spoke.

"i swear to God i have major back problems" i looked up at the wall "i'll boost you" jj came by my side. "don't get any ideas" i glared. "yes ma'am" he smirked.

i hit the top of his head and i put my arms up on the wall.

he hoisted me to the wall and i plopped down on the other side. "wasn't so hard. was it?" jj threw his arm around my shoulder. "go away" i walked over by sarah.

as we all made it over the ledge we walked into the yard. suddenly the lights flashed on. "holy mother fucker!" i exclaimed as a large hand pulled my down into their lap. "are you kidding me" i whisper yelled. i felt jj chest move up and down as he silently laughed. "flashlights!" kiara spoke.

"shh" john b shushed them. "okay, so she has motion sensor lights"
pope pointed out "no shit" i responded quickly. "we could, uh... move really slowly, maybe" jj suggested. "you're not that dumb, i know you aren't" my eyes rolled.

sarah began to explain how we used to play hide and seek. and that sometimes we were brave enough to go up to the porch. "what! no! we're not going up there! are you crazy?" i whisper yelled.

ABBY SPEAKS/ heyy!! sorry i haven't written in *looks at imaginary watch* a million years. buttt i will be writing a lot over the cruise. then again i will not be able to post or publish chapters!! love y'all!! (sorry for the shortest chapter ever)