26

i wrapped my hair in a makeshift ponytail and spit in the sink. "hey" kiara knocked on the door frame. "wanna come see what we've came up with for the gold?" she asked.

"yeah, one sec" i smiled. she reciprocated the gesture and walked away. i looked at myself in the mirror. i was criticizing my under eyes bags, my cheeks, and overall my whole face when i heard someone clear there throat. "you should stop doing that" he spoke. "doing what, jay?" i turned around. "thinking bad of yourself" he leaned against the wall. "hmm" i got on my tiptoes and placed a light kiss on his cheek.

i changed into a red tank top and jeans with my white, crusted converse.

"how's it feeling?" pope asked kiara. "feels good" the carrera got responded. i sat on the edge of the hot tub next to jj. "pass" i held my hand out. he rolled his eyes and handed me the beer he had.

"what if we told them" i glanced over at jj. "like what would happen?" he went and stood infront of me. "yea" i nodded my head.

"well, i don't know. i mean yeah john b would most likely be pissed but i'm not so sure about the others" his ringed fingers toyed with the strap of my tank top.

"john b pullin' a houdini" jj announced to the others. "yeah where is he?" pope commented. "i got my scholarship interview tomorrow morning. we gotta get this done." he added.

"speak of the devil" jj patted my thigh twice and walked over to john b. "dude, i set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything" he smirked. "no he did not" i spoke "don't lie" i pinched his ear. "ow okay sorry mom".

"no he did not. i did that" pope told him. "hey john b" kiara gave me a worried look. "jb what's up" i followed him into the chateau.

"uhh what's that all about" pope asked. i shrugged in response. "i was gonna ask you the same question" jj glanced at all of us.

john b rummaged through the house. "john b what's going on" i asked, trying to get his attention. "you all right, man? what—what's up?" pope walked over to john b.

"what are you looking for?" kiara asked in a worried tone. "bro what's gonna on, man?".

john b picked out the couch and took the cushions off. he pulled the gun out from under them. my heart sunk. "john b what do you need the gun for?" jj walked over to him.

john b then proceeded the throw jj onto the pull out couch. "jb talk to us" i yelled.

we all then followed him outside. "ward knows about the gold" his voice sounded broken. my heart shattered into pieces. he made eye contact with me. "he killed our dad...and mom" .

i could hear my heart pounding in my ears, nothing else. "w-what?" is all i could say. i felt warm, salty tears run down my face. there what an ache in my chest. i couldn't breathe. my eyes started to hurt. it was harder to keep them open. i felt cold pings on my arms. the hands shook me. the sound was muffled at first. "june...june...june!" jj yelled. "my mom, my...my mom" i held onto jjs hands to keep myself stable.

i felt kiara's hand on my shoulder. "i.." i was speechless.

i laid down on the hammock as tears ran down my face.  "here" jj held out a bag of goldfish. "how'd you?" i began "i know you" he smiled placing a kiss on my forehead. "it's gonna be okay, ya know" he brushed his fingers through my fading blonde hair. i smiled at him. "you sure" i cocked an eyebrow. "nope" he laughed.

he held onto the j necklace across my chest. "i love you" his face softened "i love you too, princess".

i moved to the side of the hammock. he smirked. "i'm not gonna fuck you on a hammock are you crazy?!" i shook my head. "not now atleast". "hm so it's a maybe?" he sat down next to me "if you're lucky, then yes" i held out the bag, offering some.

"i thought you'd never ask" he grabbed a couple and ate them. i smiled at him. "wow they're actually getting along" kiara laughed as pope and her sat on the other hammock. pope raised his eyebrows. "shut up" i scrunched my face at kiara.

"what if i went in there?" i suggested. the four of us were docked outside of the cameron's house, waiting to see if john b had murdered ward cameron. "no, june" jj gave me a disapproving expression. "okay" i sat down.

"what now? we just go up to the front door and ask, 'hey, have you seen john b?'" jj asked the group. "look, he lives at tannyhill now. it's plausible. look we can play dumb" kiara thought aloud.

"play dumb?" jj turned around to face the other two. "it's pretty late" pope commented. "look, i've never seen john b like that. we should honestly be going to the cops" kiara spoke. my head shot up. "what!" i exclaimed "the cops—yeah, and say what, kie? we're worried about our friend because he's off on a rampage because ward cameron killed big john? like they're not gonna believe us!" jj rambled.

"hey i see ward!" pope announced. the two stopped yelling at each other. "let me see" kiara spoke to the heyward boy. she took the binoculars. i laid down on one of the seats and closed my eyes.

ABBY SPEAKS/ literally idk what this chapter is cause i wrote it like a month ago and i needed to publish something so yeah sorry