23

we got some of the gold and we all split up as we got to the château. "that was.." kiara, sarah and i sat on my bed. "crazy" kiara spoke.

"i'm gonna go grab a drink. y'all want one?" i asked. they said no and i headed out of my bedroom. i grabbed a dr. pepper out of the fridge and as i closed it jj appeared on the other side of the door.

"oh, hi" i gave him a tight lipped smile. he returned the gesture and grabbed a beer. "you wanna talk about it?" he asked. my eyebrows furrowed, "about what?".

"your dad" his eyes darted across my face. my body tensed up. "i—not really" i sighed. "why was rafe there" he walked over to me. i turned my back to him. "june, why was rafe there?" he turned me back around. i didnt meet his eyes i couldn't tell jj that i killed my father and rafe helped me i thought.

"he said he was driving around and he saw the cars infront of my house. he said he wanted to check on me" i lied. "hm". we stood in silence for a minute. "june..." his voice trailed off.

"i—" john b walked into the kitchen. "you still smell like dog shit" i told him. he rolled his eyes. "sarah and i are gonna go drop off pope and kie then head back to her house" he told us. "okay" i grabbed my dr. pepper and left the room. "what'd you do?" john b asked "nothing! i didn't do anything!" i heard jj reply. "she's obviously not okay!" john b whisper yelled .

"her dad kind of just died!" jj spoke back. "you better fix whatever you did" john b began to walked away. "i didn't do anything!".

a couple of hours later i went outside and my feet hung off the side of the dock. i heard jj walk over and sit down next to me. "what's your problem" he asked. i rolled my eyes. "nothing" he cut me off "no june. there's something wrong i can tell" he paused. "please talk to me" his voice softened.

"i'm just so tired" i leaned my head on his shoulder. tears sprung in my eyes. "i miss my mom so much" he wiped my tears away. "come 'mere" he opened his arms and i climbed into his lap. he got up and carried me to my bedroom. he thought i was asleep and he began to walk away. "stay" my voice croaked. he kissed
my forehead and left the room. "one second".

he came back with a bag. it was a target bag. it held a candle, a bag of reese's cup and a large bottle of dr. pepper. and lastly a small box. it was a necklace, it had a J in the middle. there was a note that read "i don't own you but because i really know you".

"i got you this yesterday but i forgot to give it to you" he say down next to me. "i love it" i kissed his cheek.

i put the necklace on and looked at him. the words i love you stuck to my tongue. i wanted to tell him but i couldn't. "take a picture it'll last longer" he smirked and his thumb rubbed back and forth on my cheek. i sighed and an idea sparked into my head. "i have an idea" i got up off the bed and grabbed my laptop.

i went onto netflix and went to recently watched. i pressed the breakfast club. "i've never seen this before" he wrapped his arm around my waist. "what!" i turned to look at him "you've never seen the breakfast club!" i laughed. he shook his head, laughing.

"what else have you never seen? please tell me you've seen karate kid" i paused, he didn't answer "you've never seen karate kid!"

"shush so we can watch the movie" jj pulled me closer and i rested my head on his chest. a couple of minutes later jj and i laughed to the movie. "he's my favorite character" i pointed at johnny "why's that" i looked up at him "cause he's hot as fuck" i laughed "and he reminds me of you" i tilted my head to the side.

jjs eyes flicked up and down from my lips to my eyes. "you're just asking for me to kiss you at this point" he smirked "hmm" i wetted my lips a

i pushed my laptop to the side and got into jjs lap. his hands trailed up and down my sides. i jumped slightly when his ringed finger slid under my shirt. he pressed kisses along my neck. "we should probably finish the movie" he mumbled. "probably" i spoke before he crashed his lips against mine.