25

i walked up the stairs. i pulled the caution tape from the door. i kicked it in and headed inside. "this place is a shit show" i mumbled under my breath. i cautiously stepped over broken pieces of glass. i ran up the stairs to my bedroom. i got down onto the carpeted floor and reached under my bed. i grabbed a duffel bag and began to pack it. "you know you aren't technically supposed to be here" a familiar voice spoke. "get out of my house, maybank" i took a couple pairs of shorts and placed them on my bed. you could hear it in jjs voice. he was drunk.

"jj go away" i couldn't face him as tears rose in my eyes. "i love you". i froze. "what?" i spun around "i love you" he stood up taller even though he was swaying back and forth from his intoxication. "i-" i laughed slightly "come back later when you're sober and tell me that. then i might believe you".

"you know what they say, princess" he smirked "drunk words are sober thoughts". i was speechless. i didn't know what to say. "i-um" i shook my head "i don't believe you" my voice came out in a whisper. "here she goes" jj groaned and slammed my door. "i know you. you forget that" he paused. "what did you just say to me?" he cut me off. "no its my turn to talk, june. you think you're so unlovable, don't you? but you're not and when someones love you, you leave. believe me i get it. thats what i did earlier. but i know now, june. that im inlove you".

i couldn't breathe. "get out" i whispered. "june" he pleaded. "no jj get out" i spoke. "june" his voice broke. "get out jj. get the fuck out of my house!" i yelled as tear drops ran down my face with a clenched jaw. he yanked the door and made sure to shake the house as he closed it. i flinched. we both had shitty childhoods, i just hope we don't grow up to be like our fathers.

when my car pulled in to the sight of the chateau and i saw flashing lights in the back and kiara's dads truck. "finally she decided to show up. the star to the show. june routledge" jj announced as i came into the view of the three. "what the hell is going on" i asked.

"oh yeah, i was just telling kie and pope about this sick hot tub i got. come on in darlin' i don't bite" jjs face held an intoxicating smirk. my face reddened "Jj what did you do" I looked around my backyard. "how much did this cost?" pope asked the blonde boy. "uh, well with the generator, the petrol, and oh hey express delivery" he paused.

"pretty much all of it" he pushed up his sun glasses. popes jaw fell, "all of it? you spent all of the money in one day?" pope placed over at me and then kiara. "yep burned a whole straight through my pocket. but, i mean, like, come on, guys, like, look at this!" jj laughed "finest in her-based massage therapy, that's what the told me" he paused.

"princess, what? can't a man have a little luxury in life? come on all this scrimpin' and scrapin'. i mean, like guys we—you only live once right? enough of this emotional shit. get in the cat's ass. come on." he eyes flicked from me, pope, and kie.

"in the what?" i asked. "in the cats ass. that's what i named her. oh, hey, yo. i almost forgot." he pressed a button which turned on light and a discoball.

"are you kidding me?" pope yelled. "you could've paid for restitution!". "or literally given it to any charity" kiara added. "or better yet helped us get supplies to get the rest of the gold out of the well" pope spoke.

"okay, well, you know. i didn't do that! i got hot tub! for my friends. i got a hot tub for my friends. you know what? no, you know what? screw friends. i got a hot tub for my family!".

"i got this for you. guys, look what i did for you! all right?! look at this! look at this" he yelled. "jay" tears sprung in my eyes.  i began to pull my shoes off. my sandal fell on ground, then the next. i unbuttoned my jean shorts, i took off my tanktop to reveal my red swimsuit. "no stop being emotional it's fine, okay? i mean it's sweet, right? everything—" i cut him off and engulfed him into a hug.

he head went into the crook of my next. "i'm here, you're okay" i whispered in his ear. "i just couldn't do it. i can't take him anymore! i was gonna kill him" jj sobbed. "i know, i understand" my voice broke.

pope and kiara came up behind and hugged jj as well. "i just wanna do the right thing" jj hand went up and down my back. "i know" i attempted to hold back tears.

pope and kiara went into the living room and i headed back to my room and jj went to john bs. i texted him to meet me in my room after the others fell asleep. after about an hour i heard to light knocks. "jay you don't have to knock" my hoarse voice croaked.

"i know, just wanted to make sure cause...of earlier" he laid down next to me. i ran my fingers through my recently-washed hair. his glossy eyes met mine. "here" he whispered. he held the necklace in his hands. i kissed his forehead and took it. i turned my back to him and he brushed my hair off of my neck.

his knuckles brushed my back. shivers ran through my body. i imagine the smirk on his face. he clipped on the necklace and placed a light kiss on my shoulder. my eyes fluttered.

"i'm so sorry" he placed another kiss on my neck, and another on my head. i still wasn't facing but i could practically see his expression. worried eyes with a quivering lip. i sighed and turned my body to him. my eyes studied his face, i knew him. i basically knew everything about him.

"i know but i hope you know it doesn't cancel out what you said or did" my hand held his face. he leaned into my touch. "i know" he whispered. "come 'mere" he motioned and pulled my into his arms. after a couple of minutes his finger began to toy with my hair. "i—" he began. i looked up at him. a smile tugged on my face. "hm?".

"i love you" his chest rose and fell quickly. "i love you" i pecked his lips. his eyebrows furrowed. "that's all i get" he had a  jokingly distraught look on his face. "shut up" i placed my lips back onto his.

ABBY SPEAKS/ i'm sorry jk i never am 🤭