28

pope walked over to us with a distressed look on his face. "okay. okay. all right. no" pope walked around the car to get back in the passenger seat. "pope, can you act normal?" kiara replied quickly. "so, um, okay, so, bad news. the ferry's closed, and there is this" pope handed kiara a piece of paper. my head was leaned onto jj's shoulder. kiara, wide eyed, looked back at the three of us. jj took the paper and sat up slightly.

"well, these are good framer of you two" jj turned the piece of paper towards john b and i. "meh, at least i look cute" i snatched the paper away from him. "agree to disagree" jj shrugged. "i will beat you up" i hit him in the chest. he scoffed, "oh really?". i turned away from im, rolling my eyes. "ok, so the whole island is looking for you guys" pope told the group. "thats alot of money" kiara turned back to us again. "congratulations, guys. you're famous" jj spoke as i handed the paper to john b. we shared a worried look. he mouthed, its gonna be okay. "guys, we need to get to the HMS. we need small, no running lights--" kiara spoke in a panicked voice. "its at the chateau kie" john b told the girl.

i picked at my nails. i mean, yeah, i've had a shitty life but being wanted for something you didn't do? that's the worst thing to happen to well anybody. "and i wonder if the cops got the entire place staked out. lemme think. oh yeah. no they definitely have that place locked down" jjs voice was laced with a sarcastic tone. "jay" i turned my head to him. "no this is bull shit! you two are wanted for some shit you didn't even do!" he voice raised. silence echoed in the car. "what if i just turned myself in. said i did it, not john b" i couldn't help the words spilling out of my mouth. the words no, are you crazy?, june erupted throughout the vehicle.

an idea seemed to had stuck pope, "jj. does your dad still have that boat? the cigarette boat, the phantom. the one he used to race". "maybe" the blonde boy responded. "you could get right up to the coast, no problem" pope told us. "it won't be that easy, pope. i don't know where the keys are" "okay, look. okay, so, the surfs running from three to four" jj and kiara's voices overlapped as pope began to lose his cool. i ran my hands down my face. john b gave my arm a comforting squeez.

"guys the car is on the poster!" i echoed john bs voice louder than everybody elses. i heard voices outside. some kid ran up to the side of the car. "we got a snitch, pope, turn on the car" jj ushered the boy. some guy banged on the car window. "look they're right there!" he called out, i saw plumb look over. "go!" i yelled out. jj grabbed me and pulled me down into the car seat. "we gotta go!" kiara tried to get pope to hurry. kiara and jj yelled at pope for his horrid driving skills.

pope stopped the car. "you two. get out" he turned back to us. "shit" john b grabbed my hand and pulled me out. "i'll get the rig, and i'll meet you in the dump tomorrow, okay? at three o'clock" jj spoke as we got out. "yeah, june come on!" john b ushered me. i looked at him and back at jj. i climbed half way back into the car and kissed jj. "i'm so sorry, i'm sorry sorry. i love you" I hurried out my words as tears ran down my cheek. "come on, june" john b yelled. I got out of the car and ran with john b.

my legs felt like jelly and i thought my lungs were going to collapse. john b and i had split up awhile ago. the familiar gate was closed and i didnt hear many police sirens. i guessed this was one of the first places they looked. roses sign to sell the house was stuck in the front yard. i opened the door with a spare key that still surprisingly worked and headed up to my room. all of my stuff was still there. a weird, sad feeling ran through me. i should hate this house. i have such terrible memories here, so i should hate it, right?.

i took a quick shower, braiding my hair. it seemed like i was calm but i was as nervous as ever. how could you not be? i changed into a oversized t shirt and athletic shorts. i grabbed a notebook and began to write. after a couple of minutes i shoved the letter into an envelope. i wrote his name across the front. the sound of floorboards creaking came outside of my door. my feet quickly and silently got up and i locked my door. i sighed and moved a chair in front of my door. as crazy as the day had been i fell asleep.

i felt my bed dip and a cloth cover my mouth. i instantly tried fighting off whoever it was but failed, falling asleep once more.

ABBY SPEAKS/ hello! hope you guys like these last few chapters! also chapters 29 and 30 are going to be in the third person so yeah! love y'all hope you guys loved this book!