eight

I got here around thirty minutes ago on the roof again. This time I had a watch on so I knew I missed my history class. I guess it would qualify as mine? Still not 100 percent sure on that. When I ran down the stairs to be able to make it to the next class Haerin was there making me jump since I wasn't really expecting to see anyone since class was still going.

"Haerin?" The cat-eyed girl didn't move from her place blocking me from being able to get off the stairs. "Shouldn't you be in class?" Haerin again stood there with a furrow in her eyebrows.

"I was waiting for you." Huh? How long has she been standing here?

"How long have you been standing there?" The shorter girl shrugged with a cute pout on her face. Slowly she has started to be more expressive with me, making me happy. It's way better than just her stoic face, I mean there's nothing wrong with that either because she's still pretty either way. Which doesn't matter because I don't care...

"An hour." My eyes widened realizing that she probably has stood there unmoving for that long. I mean surely she would have left if I would've stayed up there longer right? She wouldn't have waited even longer.

"Holy shit Haerin! Dani is probably calling a search party right now, you need to go to class!" I reach out trying to touch her shoulder to lead her to her class, but she backs away dodging my touch. I immediately retract my hand forgetting she doesn't like to be touched. It's infuriating honestly how come she can touch me whenever and wherever she wants but I can't do the same. I felt my eyes twitch at the double standard. It's not fair.

"You're mad." All I could do was laugh. That's what she picks up from all of this. Maybe if I voice out my thoughts she'll explain it to me.

"Why can you touch me, but I can't touch you?" The shorter girl purses her lips making it look like she's thinking really hard about my question. Then her face went back to normal and she took a couple steps so she was really close to me.

"You can touch me." I can? I furrowed my eyebrows as the girl stood there with no emotions on her face waiting for me to touch me.

"Are you sure?" The shorter girl just nods, stepping even closer. I hesitantly reach out and poke her shoulder with an awkward smile.

"That's it?" Haerin tilts her head with a pout. Damn her fluffy cheeks. I really want to pinch them, but that might be a bit much. Well...

"Can I pinch your cheek?" Her eyebrows rose in shock? I don't know. She stood right up nodding, pointing her finger at her cheek. Well damn it she's going to let me I'm not letting this opportunity pass. I slowly reached out and pinched her cheek. Her tiny pout turned into a grin midway of me pinching her cheek. I let go after squeezing it for a little while. To affirm it does feel like I'm pinching a soft squishy toy.

"You like my cheeks?" I giggle a little bit at her odd question.

"Yeah they are cute." Haerin just nods again looking like she was thinking about something. This time I'm going to let the curiosity through. "What are you thinking about?" Haerin's eyes almost popped out of her head after I finished my question. Wow what is she thinking about?

"You have nice hair, can I touch it?" Oh she's asking this time? Also why are we taking turns touching each other? This is the weirdest interaction I have ever had in my life.

"I guess." A small smile forms on the smaller girl's face as she reaches up and runs her hands through my hair, then all of sudden she walks behind me and combs her hands through my hair. What's going on? This feels really nice. She was back there for a while and then I realized that she was braiding my hair. I didn't say anything, just let her finish what she was doing and when she was done she walked back in front of me with a small smile on her face.