Seven

"Minji I think you need to calm down." Currently I was stuffing my mouth with cupcakes that Mrs. Pham made me. They both were watching me sitting quietly and patiently as I consumed about 6 cupcakes.

"I can't help that they are delicious!" I smile after swallowing the rest of the cupcake in my mouth. Hanni is looking at me with her jaw to the floor in pure horror.

"You just had six cupcakes in like 3 minutes!" Hanni gags a little bit. "That is horrid. I can't believe I'm friends with you!" Honestly I could eat a few more right now if it wouldn't scar Hanni.

"I'm glad you liked them Minji." I looked over at Mrs. Pham and she was giving me a loving gaze making me smile back at her. She has always treated me like I'm her second daughter. I have never not felt welcome in their home.

"They were the best, you have not once failed me!" I smiled even bigger, giving her two thumbs up making the middle aged woman laugh. Mrs. Pham got up taking the few cupcakes I left behind back to the kitchen leaving Hanni and I alone. It was silent for a bit as I leaned back now feeling all the cupcakes in me. Maybe six was a bad idea.

"How are you feeling today?" Hanni got up from the chair she was sitting in and sat at the one right next to me. I leaned up looking at the Vietnamese girl who was looking at me with worried eyes.

"Better I'm sorry I don't know what came over me yesterday." Hanni sighed, shaking her head.

"You don't have to apologize, Min. Crying is normal. It's especially normal for someone who lost their mother." I smiled leaning over and kissed Hanni's cheek.

"Thanks Han. I'm glad I have you in my life." There was a slight pink tint that rose to her cheeks making me smile. I love her cheeks. Speaking of cheeks, Haerin has nice cheeks. Everytime I see her I have to fight off the urge to pinch them. Haerin touched my face so I should be allowed to touch hers as well. Right?

"Minji can we talk seriously for a moment." I was pulled out of my Haerin daydream when Hanni placed her hand on my knee.

"Yeah what's up?" Hanni took a deep breath and removed her hand looking extremely nervous.

"What are we? Like I wanted to give you time to figure stuff out but I don't know how much longer I can go." I felt my heart rate increase. We don't talk about this. It was like something we both knew none of us could talk about without ruining what we had. I stood up and began pacing.

"Why are you bringing this up? Weren't things fine as they were?!?!" My brows furrowed as I tried to catch my breath. This can't be happening right now. This is it. This is the end of 17 years worth of friendship. Hanni stood up placing her hands on my shoulders to stop my pacing.

"I love you Minji!"

"I love you too." Of course I love her, she's my best friend.

"No Minji I love you. Not the friendship type, not the family type, I'm in love with you and I tried to make it go away but I can't." I felt my blood run cold at her confession. I felt my world spinning. I can't breathe right now I can't. I felt my breath start to quicken.

"I can't...I don't..." my breathing was still erratic and I felt like I could pass out any moment. I see Hanni in front of me, but my vision is blurry so I can't see what she's thinking right now.

"Minji look at me." I felt the shorter girl grab my face, trapping it between her hands. "Minji please breathe." I tried to calm down, but I feel like my world is coming down. I'm under so much stress I don't know how much more I can take.

Suddenly I felt a pair of soft lips on mine. My eyes widened as Hanni was kissing me...like forreal kissing me. She pressed onto me harder and I realized she wanted to reciprocate and I did. I don't know what came over me. Thirty seconds ago I was sure I was having a heart attack, but now I'm kissing my best friend. Hanni tried to pull away but I just grabbed her face pulling her back into another soul crushing kiss. I don't know what the fuck I'm doing right now, but this feels good so I'm not going to stop.